• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you feel better?

jaxx

Lol I get asked this every time I tell someone I've lost 11 stone since my bypass. It's like being fat was an illness. I never know how to answer that question because I don't particularly feel any different other than I have more energy and (if you'll excuse the pun) it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. But I still find it an odd question. Maybe it's just me.

hiya i keep getting asked how have i lost weight and i not even had my op yet anyways hows u well done on losing that much it gives everyone hope that we can all do it

People think i have been ill, and ask why have i lost so much weight, i told them it makes me feel good, and i am fitter xx

I agree Jaxx about its like a weights being lifted......I dont know of a person my age who has always been thin that feels the way i do, its like everythings a gift and its not taken for granted, being able to run, not being stared at as i walk down the street!!! everything is just more exciting. xx

Lol I get asked this every time I tell someone I've lost 11 stone since my bypass. It's like being fat was an illness. I never know how to answer that question because I don't particularly feel any different other than I have more energy and (if you'll excuse the pun) it's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. But I still find it an odd question. Maybe it's just me.

Jaxx I am asked this a lot as well
I have started answering

"No I don't feel any better cos I don't feel any different from before (my surgery)"

I think in my head I was always a size 14/16 and still am even though I'm a size 8/10

I don't feel more energetic, because I am running around more. I just want to crash out on the settee every night just like before my op

If you have never been overweight, I guess you would assume someone would 'feel better' & I am hoping I do. I am hoping not to have joint pain, backache, diabetes & other niggly things, not to mention feelings more confident. Fingers crossed :wave_cry: xx

ive been asked several times have i been ill why do people assume your ill if youve lost weight why cant they say wow thats some diet you been on well done or something like that.

I must admit being fairly newly opp'ed, I do wonder if people feel better!

When I see someone on here with fantastic losses, I do type, 'wow you must feel like a different person', or even 'WOW you must feel 100 times better.' Maybe I will change when people start asking me that.

Some of my mums friends thought I had cancer, as I was miserable and loosing weight. We put them right it was a bypass and a cheating husband LOL.

And Jax I didn't realise you had lost so much as you still have a 4 month post op photo up. So congrats and do you feel better?.!

Back