• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Surgiversary today

Fat Again

Well I made it, its a whole year since my op. I've lost 9 stone and don't regret having it done in the slightest.

It's quite funny cos my surgery cost 9 grand, so it works out each stone lost cost a grand - lol.

My life has of course improved ten fold, I could waffle on listing all the things that are now better, but thats boring and really obvious !

I could sprout off loads of advice to pre oppers giving them my words of wisdom, but one thing I have learned is that what suits one person does not always suit others, we are all different and approach this WLS journey in many varied ways.

Some people are very regimented and strict and don't allow anything naughty past their mouths, some like to have treats and feel like a normal person would, I am the latter of the two and love it.

WLS ain't the answer to all your problems, it can bring you a whole load of new ones, i.e. excess skin, jealously from others, relationship problems, to name a few, but it does bring your life back, how you deal with that is the hardest part in my eyes.

That's enough drivel from me, I'm off for an appointment with a surgeon to see about getting my diseased gall bladder removed - but Im also going to do a bit of retail therapy after, a new pair of jeans and a party dress is on my list.

I'd just lastly wanna mention my baby, my son Nathan is the whole reason I had my op, I was not gonna be the fat mum at the school gates, I was not gonna have him miss out on life because of me. He's the reason I did this and I want to thank him, I know he don't understand cos he's only 2, but one day I will tell him how he saved my life xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• photo0044_002.jpg
    photo0044_002.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 17
Well done you! I am so thrilled for you and you are such an inspiration. I can understand about not wanting to be the fat mum at the school gates. I felt the same way and I love the fact that my three girls are so proud of me.

Wow Congratulations and very well done a true insperation, happy surgiversary, im so pleased that wls has turned your life around for the better.

Liz xxx

Yaaaay well done you hun its my surgeryversary tmoz and ive lst 7st 10 which im very very happy bout hehehehehe

Yaaaay well done you hun its my surgeryversary tmoz and ive lst 7st 10 which im very very happy bout hehehehehe

:) well done Lin, you also have done fantastically xxxx

well done to you.

Well done! No wonder you are so chuffed :D Your son is a little cutie and he will so proud of what you have done for him when he is old enough to understand :D XX

Well done u ur post brought a tear to my eye I'm pre op and one of the main reason I'm doin it is for my 2 boys aged 7 and 6 months they r my world and I wanna b able to do all the things a normal sized mom can thanks for a great message and congratulations on ur weight loss xxx

A very well done to you, Nathan looks gorgeous too, hope the old gall bladder gets sorted soon, Your words are so profound and truly an inspiration..Big Hugs Jan x

Back