• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need a little advice re 3rd fill

Helen louise

Had my band fitted in oct & I am the same weight today as op day, the weight I lost post op has gone back on (about 3kgs)

I have 4.75ml in a 10ml band & unless I eat too quickly I don't feel much in the way of restriction, I can eat steak fine but tend to give up halfway though not due to restriction but I tend to get fed up/bored with it!
I know the band is not a miracle cure & you have to work on it but should I be going for my 3rd fill now?
I don't eat bread as I am a diabetic so don't know if it will cause a problem

Speak to your provider first and foremost.

With mine they say if that weight is stalling despite watching what you eat and you're eating the right things (ie drier, crunchier) and if you find yourself feeling hungry or looking for food, then its often a sign that a fill is due.

You are similar to me in terms of fills, I had my 1st at end of Sept, then another 2 weeks later. But that was in October and I have only just had my 3rd fill just over a week ago. I still do not have restriction (now have 7.5mls in a 14ml band) and my losses have come from a very strictly controlled lot of food in terms of types, calories, protein and carb content.

I don't eat bread either (through choice tho) so I don't use that as a sign, but if I find things are stalling, that Im feeling hungry, "picking" or grazing, then to me thats a sign for a fill. I have still left it a couple of weeks tho due to how it can vary during the month.

Call your provider, speak to them and also are you keeping a food diary? limiting to a certain amount of cals? And chucking in the exercise too? its a combination of all of those things with a little help from the band . . .but the fact that you have put weight on is a sign that its either needing a fill, that you're not eating the right foods, or potentially a combination of it all.

If you have 4.75 ml in a 10 ml band I would expect you to be able to eat everything as your band is more empty then full I don't feel restriction until 6.5 ml xx

Many thanks, I have my 3rd band fill booked for next week, they agreed I should have started losing weight by now, they went through what I was eating & they were happy with it, I don't eat much in the way of sweet things down to being diabetic, main stay of my diet is meat/fish with salad or veg, no bread/pots/rice/pasta etc as I control my diabetes with a low carb diet

So glad you've got one booked, hopefully it will help to kick start you a bit. Its so frustrating when we aren't losing or stall . . .especially if we are working within the cal limits and guidelines.

Back