• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do You Think its too early ? advice needed....

emma-louise

my new life!!
Im hoping someone can advise me..
Im be 2 weeks on monday on puree stage..
The thing is Im struggling a bit a this food stage,the texture of this type of food is making me feel sickly.
I knew I would have a bit of trouble eating this texture of food,as before my operation,I couldnt face eating anything sloppy like mash etc.
Its not the food its the texture of it!!..Im a bit daft!
So I rang my dietican to ask if it was too early to move onto soft foods,Im waiting for them to return the call.
I wont put my new stomach into any danger by moving on before I should,this is why I wanted to ask before I did anything(Id rather stay on puree if theres a risk...but wanted to know everyones elses experiences and any help..
many thanks x

Sorry hun I cant help as I dont start purees till Monday. Cant say Im looking forward to the texture either :eek: Im sure the dietician will get back to you with the best advice :D XX

hi jacqui,
I hope they ring today!
I feel so sickly with this food,Im still having more soup than this mush!..lol

It must be bad if youd rather have soup lol........Im so sick of the stuff! Is it Chris and Fiona you rang at Salford? If so they always have got back to me within the same day :D XX

hi em, when i asked chris if i could move on quicker, he said a few days is ok, but to stay on that stage as long as pssible. but we are all different. i would wait until you get the call, and if he says yes its ok, then id try and eat foods that are only just past puree, like scramble eggs, or baked spud but well mashed with a fork, maybe with grated cheese on, do you get what i mean. but id wait until you speak to the dietician. i got a phone call every week for the first 3 or 4 weeks, have you had that, mine was on a friday, which was the same day as my op.
good luck huni, i hope they say its ok. big hugs xx

hi yes,

I spoke to fiona,but she told me as Ive spoke to chris in the past,he better deal with me,I dont like to ask to move onto next stage yet,makes me sound obsessed with food!!..lol
The only thing Im ok with is weetabix!!

hi em, when i asked chris if i could move on quicker, he said a few days is ok, but to stay on that stage as long as pssible. but we are all different. i would wait until you get the call, and if he says yes its ok, then id try and eat foods that are only just past puree, like scramble eggs, or baked spud but well mashed with a fork, maybe with grated cheese on, do you get what i mean. but id wait until you speak to the dietician. i got a phone call every week for the first 3 or 4 weeks, have you had that, mine was on a friday, which was the same day as my op.
good luck huni, i hope they say its ok. big hugs xx

hi dawn,

no they havent called me,Ive always had to ring them,and yes I know what you mean about scambled egg,etc I was thinking the same,as Im not putting my tummy at risk for no food!!..lol
Im gonna wait till he rings before I do anything x

chris is the actual dietician, fiona is the bariatric nurse, so she probably wouldnt want to ok it, until shes either spoken to chris, or chris rings u. maybe he rang me, cos i never rang them over anything, it was probably just a way of making sure everything was ok as they hadnt heard from me. when u think of it, look at some other hospitals , they have ppl on stuff way before we are allowed it. but i think its better to be cautious. hopefully chris will ring you soon, he might be in clinic or something like that.

yes dawn,chris was in clinic.
I do think its a bit strange how we are all given different guidelines regarding the different stages,and lengths of time for the foods.

Emma, if i'm right i had my op done a day after you, i'm pretty much on solid food now, i should still be on mashed but it was a case of risk small amount of solid food or sink further into depression, i was just so low in myself i really couldn't take anymore, & to b honest i've been fine just lots of chewing!! Hope you can move on to the next stage ;)

I moved on quite quickly as my dietician said my body would let me know what it was needing!

I hope you get advice back from yr team soon. x

Emma, if i'm right i had my op done a day after you, i'm pretty much on solid food now, i should still be on mashed but it was a case of risk small amount of solid food or sink further into depression, i was just so low in myself i really couldn't take anymore, & to b honest i've been fine just lots of chewing!! Hope you can move on to the next stage ;)

hi there,

not seen you about for a while,yes you was the day after me,how are you?
Im just having problems with the texture of the food,its not the foods as such.
hope you ok em x

Hi there,

I felt the same but just stck to things I could manage like soup, slim fasts, weetabix and that was about it really. Its a bit depressing but over pretty soon too.

aw em, looks like we got the short straw doesnt it huni, everyone else is chomping away and we're still on baby food, lol. i know its horrible huni, ive been there. if i remember correctly i didnt wait the full 3 weeks, i did about 2 and a half, then i just gradually phased in more solid stuff but only tiny bites and chewed for england, i had no probs at all. i think that was what chris meant when he said a few days would be ok. try ringing again huni, you might just catch him. big hugs xx

hi there,

not seen you about for a while,yes you was the day after me,how are you?
Im just having problems with the texture of the food,its not the foods as such.
hope you ok em x

How am i theres a question to be honest i don't know! one minute i'm up one minute i'm down, its driving me a little crazy!!, i go back to work 1st Nov so i think that will help.
I know what you mean i mean really pureed mash its never right although the first wk of having that was heaven compared to liquids!! i've had a couple of mishaps smoked haddock being the worse but i think it is all trial & error but my body seems fine with small amounts of solid foods, other than the food issue i hope your doing well xxxx

at Sunderland we're told 4 weeks puree. I stood it for 3 and the said enough is enough! like you Em, I couldn't bear the texture. I started with scraping the innards of a jacket spud, and having that with well-mashed tuna, cottage cheese etc. Chewed and chewed and chewed and I was fine. I think as long as its quite moist you should be ok. I'm going to try a bit of adventure wh a crispbread later! oooooooo the excitement! I'm nearly 11 weeks now and Polly pouch is fine, so I'm going to risk it! I need to get some pleasure back into eating!

Sounds like us Manchester bypassers deffinately drew the short straw as far as post op diet is concerned...lol. 3 weeks on liquids, 3 weeks on purees.......Im so sick of soup and I know when I move on Ill be sick of that too lol.....Oh Lord give me patience and a will of iron :D XX

Sounds like us Manchester bypassers deffinately drew the short straw as far as post op diet is concerned...lol. 3 weeks on liquids, 3 weeks on purees.......Im so sick of soup and I know when I move on Ill be sick of that too lol.....Oh Lord give me patience and a will of iron :D XX
Yeah and us kent ones !!! were three weeks then three weeks and i feel exactly the same as you, soooooo sick of soup and know im gonna be sooooooo sick of purees, ive still got one week of liquid left then onto the puree's mmmeeeeerrrrrrrr lol xx

Back