• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU EAT ?

emma-louise

my new life!!
help needed all...

Im on my first week of puree stage,another fabulous 2 weeks to go...of slop..lol
Anyway I need help to know how much should be eating on this stage.
How often should you eat whilst on this stage.
Its such a juggling time,trying to eat then leaving time for water,then eating...etc
I need advise,I worry is it possible to be eating to much so that weightloss can be slow,I mean I only lost 1lb in a week when I last weighed myself.
I just want to do my best while I have been given this gift of surgery...thanks

em, i think i aimed for 3 meals a day, and little snacks in between on the puree stage, i usually couldnt fit the snacks in though, cos i was too full. but thats me, ive always been like that. but you also have to make sure you drink your fluids too, its hard work, lol

I found that 2-3 tablespoons was enough at that stage for me, but it depends on you. 'Listen' to your body. When you are full, you will feel discomfort as your pouch becomes full and stretched slightly; that is restriction and is a signal to stop eating. Any more after that and you will bring it all up!

Go easy on yourself. It really is trial and error because what works for one person, doesn't for the next.

And you must keep up the water intake.

Good luck!

OOooooh lucky you onto purees lol. Im still on liquids (yuck) sick of the bloo*y stuff :eek: Id say 3 meals a day, 2-3 tablespoons is what my dietician said too. Plus the compulsory LOADS of water :D Good Luck XXX

At puree stage, my guide advises 3 meals a day of approx half a regular yogurt pot size each...I can do about two dessertspoons and I'm full, which is about the same. Then between meals 1/3pint of milk and another for supper. Pint of water about an hour after each meal too ... any use? xxx

Its important to try and eat little and often, my surgeon always says you can't over eat in the first 6 weeks as you are not taking in any solid food as such. Your own body will def tell you when you are full, your nose may run, you may feel a tightness in your throat or a slight pain just under your breast bone. These are all signs of restriction and as time goes on they become more obvious. Try not to worry too much hun it really is trial and error for the early stages. xx

Back