• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone else miss veg.

I've always been such a big veg eater. I love veg. When I do a roast I do about 5-6 different veges and eat loads. I really miss them now. I know we can have veg obviously but getting the protein in is a priority and the tiny amount of veg just doesn't seem much. What about the 5 a day thing.

Do you think it would be harmfull to have a veg day once a week where I ate loads of veges for lunch and dinner and just had protein snacks.

I'm off to Surrey St. Market in Croydon this morning which is teeming with all kinds of fruit and veg and I will have to keep my hands in my pockets to stop me buying it and it going to waste.

What's girl to do!

Kate x

Like you i really miss veg, i craved brussels over christmas - i can barely manage one brussel and half a carrot now

im not giving up veg lol xx... ooh just a question about the marvel... im making a beef and baked bean and lentil stew tmro... i will let you know recipe when ive done and tasted it lol.... but can i put a bit of marvel in it to add to protein?

This thread really resonated with me. Out of all the food groups veg and salad has always been my favourite. Since my sleeve it's the one thing that gives me the most grief. Broccoli, cauli etc, all give me such bad wind. I'm so upset about that. I can have lettuce. Beeg Deal!! I would kill for a bowl of braised or stir fried cabbage!!

Fruit is easier. I can eat a whole banana, and cut up mango no problem. Also blueberries at breakfast time. Haven't tried any other fruit.

Back