• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

5 months postop problems

Ormsweird

Been a while since I dropped by, but I'm having issues.

I'm 5 months post op on the 10th and still struggling to get enough calories down me on a daily basis. Especially if I try to keep to high protein, low carb, low fat.

Does anyone have any advice? I also have killer heart burn which I knew was a potential side effect and also trapped wind.

This is a typical day for me:

Breakfast: Raspberry Porridge (Dorsets)
Lunch: Crackers with low fat cheese/sliced ham or soup
Dinner: Usually a stir fry, or meat and veg, with a small amount of carbs.
Snacks: Fruit or jerky for the most part. On a bad day I do hit the cheesey puffs sometimes.

Drinks: Tea, tea and more tea. And some water. Very rarely some squash.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

How about changing up your breakfast try some fage 0% Greek yoghurt? Maybe for snacking em corporate some Babybel lights? X

hAVE YOU SPOKE TO THE DIETICIAN AT HOSPITAL AND IF YOU HAVING LOT OF HEARTBURN OR INDIGESTION SEE YOUR GP OR THE HOSPITAL DON'T LET IT JUST GO ON FOR TRAPPED WIND I GET OCASSIONALLY AND SOMETIMES IT CAN BE REALLY BAD WHITE BREAD KILLS ME BUSCOPAN REALLY HELPS THE DOC GIVES IT TO ME ON A SCRIPT NOW WITH BUYING MY PREPAYMENT. XX

I'm long term and I have issues with trapped wind pains/bloating..like Chrisa I have o have buscopan quite regular.
Worth a try if your suffering x

Does you trapped wind Coincide with anything? I find I get it if I take tablets that are large I can feel them going down. It hurts a lot and feels like trapped wind. I would definitely have a chat to you provider about the heartburn.

I was also getting a lot of indigestion they put me on a preventative drug to stop an ulcer lanzoprazole important to get that checked could be a sign of a complication but also may just be down to eating too quickly x

I take lanzoprazole in the mornings anyway as it's part of the care plan I'm on. I have an appointment with my team on the 30th of March, so am basically killing time until then really. That was the quickest they could do.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Back