• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone get depressed

Frosty

Hi all

Although im 3 months post op and ive lost about 4.5 stone.

I still get very depressed do any of you guys get depressed at all.

Im trying to put my finger on what it could be.

Either lack of food , or lack of energy
or not working or maybe all 3.

I have a loving family but sometimes i still feel alone and tearful.

I dont want to see the doctor as he will put me on drugs which i dont like doing.

I get that feeling i want to take up my roots and move away sometimes (with the family of course)

or am i just being a drama queen :p

Strange how things happen what can it be

are you not working by choice or by circumstance? why not do some volunteer work (see DO-IT Home) which will give you a sense of pride and a sense of purpose. If you're on benefits you can volunteer without it affecting them.

I have lupus, which causes medical depression, so i can empathise with how you feel.

Hi Mark,

I have depression mate, so you are not alone. As a mature student I spend a lot of time on my own at home which has not always been helpful. Last July I spent an entire weekend sitting at home with the door shut crying so I know how it is to be tearful. It took me until October to go to the doctor, at which point I was crying every day.
Now I am fine, I feel so much better and in control again and it has only taken a low daily dose of tablets to get me there! Go see the doc mate - I entirely understand why it is hard to do but belive me you can beat this but only if you swallow your pride and ask for some help.
Good luck :)

Hi Mark,

How are you feeling today?

Shel

Hi Mark

I suffer with serve depression and have done for 9 years now, have to say since having my op only 6 weeks ago, i have felt even more anxiety and depressed!!!

I hyave to say it is all the changes that are happening to us, it is a life changing experience, i agree with Ali go to the dr I know tablets arent alwya sthe answer but talking to them and getting some help will help you a bit.....

plus you have got us on here alot of us know what you are feeling and talking about....

XXXXXXXXXXXX

hi mark hope ur feeling better, u have had ur bypass now but sometimes it still needs adjusting both mentally and physically, it could be a number of things, i have never suffered depression at all so i wouldnt know about it im afraid, maybe when things settle down a bit more things will change, it wasnt always easy for me through the 1st few months of my bypass with all the sickness i had and i burst open and had to have my stomach packed everyday for 6 months but i got through it hope all goes well for u take care xxx

Hi Mark, depression is my middle name. think the reality of the op and stuff has caused at times more anxiety and depression. I have seen my GP and am now taking pills not ideally what i wanted to do but they have helped to lift some of the depression. Hope you are feeling a bit more positive. try doing some activities just for you think often we spend our whole time doing things for others x

Hey sorry you're feeling so down but as others have said you've had a life-changing experience. Did the depression start before the op?

Hi all

Sorry ive not posted back in here . i completey forgot i made it . :D im going mad .

But the good news is its all gone. As quick as it came it went.

I guess it was down to the changes in my life with the bypass and the food habits.
I went out and got drunk every weekend for 7 weeks :p maybe i was trying to catch up with lost life. i enjoyed it but im back down to earth now.

Although weight loss has slowed alot the past few weeks im sure once i start at the gym ( when they can fit me in) i will start to lose alot more.

But thx all for your ears and support.

Mark

Back