• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does anyone think I still should be waiting?

voluptuouschick

Hello everyone,

I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice please?
I attended weight management on 10th September who agreed to refer me to the obesity surgeon for further assessment for recommendations on surgical options, she also asked my Gp to do some blood tests & send them on to her which he did on 16th September.

My hubby phoned weight management to ask if they had received the results which they had & said they had sent them to the hospital on 19th September but I haven't heard anything from them yet, what do you think I should do? do you think I have left it long enough to contact them or do you think they will think I am cheeky & nagging??

Things aren't too good at the minute, my mother in law has just died & her funeral is on Monday, I have organised it all myself which has been really sad but relatively easy.. until.. now it's come to finding something to wear I am at a loss as I look terrible in everything! My belly is HUGE & my chin is so big my ears can rest on it!! :( :(

Love n hugs
Vicky
xxxxxxx
P.S I am still not smoking ... how good is that??!!

hi vicky
firstly i just want to say im sorry to hear about your sad loss it must be a very hard time for you at the moment.

personally i would phone up to see whats happening with things, nagg them speed up the process, no good being shy NAGG them i think you have waited too long.

liz x

Hi Liz,
thanks so much!!! I get bad depression & get a bit nervous so need a shove sometimes lol
I wasn't sure if it was just me thinking it is a long time, or if it really is lol.
I will get the funeral over with & then my next mission is to get this sorted out as it's driving me mad now, it's been a farce from day one (24th June) when my doc wrongly referred me straight to the surgeon, it then took the hospital 5 weeks to write to the doc & tell him this!! grrrrrr
Thanks again Liz
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

when i was refered 3.5 years ago there was none of this attending weight management rubbish !! the surgeon made the decision and thats it, its just a process to prolong people going on the official waiting list i think.
you just concentrate on the funeral for now, then you stand up to them.

best wishes
liz x

ps WELL DONE WITH THE SMOKING !!

Hiya Vicky :hug99: well done on the new non-smoking you, you've done fantastically and shown amazing will power and strength. You should be extremely proud of yourself :)

With the referral, I would be back on them. My GP says if you don't hear anything within 6 weeks of a referral being made to ring him up, and it's been more than 6 weeks for you. Get hubby on the case!

Just a quickie, will reply to your email aswell, but i waited 4 months from seeing the weight management to seeing the dietician and then another month or so to see the surgeon.

Well done on the smoking, you're doing wonderfully!!!

Hi Vicky, well done on the smoking side you are doing so well....with regards the appointment ring them, I got through the system pretty quickly but I nagged and nagged every step of the way...good luck....sorry about your mum in law I have sent you an email.....xx

Hi Vicky, nice to see you back have missed your posts. firstly i am sorry to hear about your loss how much more stress and upset can one person deal with eh!! i am so proud that you have managed to keep up the no smoking at times of stress it's the first thing i reach for so you should be really proud of yourself hun.

i would just keep on an the hospital it seems that things are being held up for you and i would kick some a**e!!!!

good luck babe and keep me posted xx

So sorry about your loss - don't worry re what clothes - you will be fine hopefully everyone will be focused on their loss and remebering mum in law.

Excellent news re the smoking a plus point as well for the referral process. I would defintely chase the referral nothing spurs them on like a patient who is on the case. Life is hectic as a consultant's secretary and you tend to get people who ring regularly sorted as quick as you can so they stop doing it. (My friend has worked in this role for years so I asked her.)

Good luck M

Back