• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice Please

seawaves

Today i have phoned Musgrove hospital to be told i am on the list for July (i was so happy i cried lots!), i had told them at my pre op that i could do the first 2 wks in July but if not then not until september this is due to bits to do with my family (long story) anyway they where fine with that, the problem i have on thinking about it is that i would feel better having the surgery in september on a recovery point of view i will have more support around me & feel more relaxed, i don't know whether to ring the hospital back tomorrow & be honest with them & say i'm happy to wait until september if i'm allowed or will they think well you can't be that bothered & put me to the bottom of the list or just say its in july take it or leave?! Any advice would be great thanks, sorry for the waffle!! Em :D

I have no advice to offer as I am not that far ahead yet but wanted to wish you luck in what ever you decide, you should do what you feel is right for you. Rob

Hi Em, I think if that is what you feel is right for you, phone them and tell them. You will need support when you come home, so maybe it is better that you are honest, rather than take the July date and then start worrying and making yourself upset about it.
Wish I lived nearer to support you :-(((( xxxxx

Thanks Rob, Jan i think your right i think i will get myself worked up over it & i know that is not the way to go, i shall ring them in the morning hopefully Amanda will be back, i'm just worried they're going to say that i'm not serious about this but i am :cry: i wouldn't have gone this far if i wasn't, but i feel a september date will be better for me, i'll let you know the outcome :D Em xx

Ok hun, I will support you whichever you decide, you know that. Btw, if you had mentioned my name as to trying to get us in together, my surname is Heale with them, not Lander lol.
I agree with you that as you will get more support in September, and will not be so stressed, it's better that you ask them for it, I am sure they will understand, they will have plenty of others they can put in for July, we know first hand how long their waiting lists are, so do what is right for you hun, ok? xxxxx

Seriously now, ring the hospital and tell them you will have more of a support system in place for September. Also point out that there could well be a mom on there list who would find the school hols the perfect time to have their operation as they wont have to worry about school runs etc

What a sensible lady you are, i'd have gone in on my wedding day if offered lol xx

Gaynor, your right they're not going to look after me are they?! I keep thinking i'll be fine i'm 37 (well for another couple of wks!) i have no other health issue other than my weight & a history of dvt's to the legs, so i'm thinking come on i'll be fine at home on my own, i'm sure friends will help (everyone knows!) & of course my 13 yr old daughter will help, but then i think about it......my daughter is lovely but will push the boundaries as mums not 100% my friends will come & probably wait for me to make them a cuppa!
& i've never had an op before so really can i be sure i'm going to fly through this op?!
I do really think the sensible option is to wait till september when i have the support of my parents (although they're probably drive me insane!) the why i'm thinking whats another few months when i've already been waiting 14?
Well i shall ring Taunton later on this morning & see what they say, i will post the outcome, thanks for listening to my rambles!! Em x ;)

I would wait til September and you then have that safety net of your parents to come look after you, I'm sure everything will go well but it is a good idea to have that cover just in case you feel really rough after. A lot of people say they feel pretty good soon after the op but you must remember it's quite a major surgery and you need to have chance to recover ..everyone heals differently after.
The hospital are not going to say.."well if you don't come in for July you can't have it " , in fact I would think they would be pleased you are acting responsibly in terms of planning for support in your recovery period !
Someone will have the chance to have the op sooner and you will have yours when you can relax properly afterwards and not strain yourself or have the worry of asking your daughter / friends for help.
I'm sure everyone will rally round and help as much as they can anyway.

Well, i couldn't wait so rang the hospital already, poor Amanda in appointments! She was very pleased that i thought to ring them instead of getting stressed because as she just said, "Emma thats no problem to wait till september as your recovery is very important to us!", love her right now, so yes my op shall def be in sept! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow, you are on the ball Emma, good for you, now you can relax and prepare for the op well, and get on track again (you and me both lol).
Take care, will try and phone later xxxxx

Good decision. Like you say, you never know how you are gonna be after the op.
I am around your age with no other health problems apart from obesity and am recovering well but even so I can't do much without being knackered! You definitely realise how much you do around the house when you stop doing it! lol.
xx

Well done for taking the bull by the horns and making the right decision. You will be much better with extra support available xx

Allie, i cry just thinking about it, how silly is that :cry:, so your right if not for physical support i will be needing lots of shoulders, my poor friends won't know whats going on because i am like many bigger people i feel the life & soul of the party because we have to be (hope you all understand what i mean by that!) so i'm thinking they will see a side to me that might send them running :8855:!
I went to work today beaming as i feel so much happier with my decision to wait :D
Do you know something i love this site, i've found myself a club where i can be me :p
Thanks everyone for your comments :D

Today i have phoned Musgrove hospital to be told i am on the list for July (i was so happy i cried lots!), i had told them at my pre op that i could do the first 2 wks in July but if not then not until september this is due to bits to do with my family (long story) anyway they where fine with that, the problem i have on thinking about it is that i would feel better having the surgery in september on a recovery point of view i will have more support around me & feel more relaxed, i don't know whether to ring the hospital back tomorrow & be honest with them & say i'm happy to wait until september if i'm allowed or will they think well you can't be that bothered & put me to the bottom of the list or just say its in july take it or leave?! Any advice would be great thanks, sorry for the waffle!! Em :D

You have to think whats best for you and your right its allot more emotional support than physical, take your time and look after yourself, i tried to be super woman and thought i felt so great after the surgery but the emotional side really caught me off gaurd raked up issues i didnt even know i had.

I have sent you a friend request as i am not a million miles away frm you and had my surgery this year at taunton

Sorry to be so thick, i really don't know my way round this site!! i can get on to the friends request part but not sure how i accept it, Jan you are also there & i don't know if i ever did accept!! i don't think i can do much until i've posted 50 times or something is that right?! confused.com :wave_cry:
i'm also on fb if u r my full name is Emma Tysall xx

So glad you've sorted everything out. I have also requested to have my surgery in September. One of my reasons for going private was so that I could pick my surgery date.

I'm a mum of 4 and a self employed childminder. There is no way I can be out of action over the school summer holidays. Would be a nightmare.

Come September, the children will be back at school and I'll get 6 hours a day to relax and recover child free. Work wise I'm a lot quieter in the term time so I won't loose out financially quite so badly.

Just off to add you on facebook. :D

Back