• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does the band flucuate day by day?

mollythedogsmum

I have had several fills to get the restriction so for me it's been a long process. Has anyone felt that their band can feel different from one day to the next? ?

In one word, YES.

Throughout the time I've had my band, in the first 5 months I had no restriction, since a fill 3 weeks ago, its gone to a point that is too much, however, each day in that time varies.

During the past months I have still been able to feel differently in relation to my band, it would vary on the speed I could eat more so than it restricting amount or types of food. Since this last fill, mostly I don't even feel hungry until about 3pm, Im unable to actually eat anything until after that time and there are lots of foods that I can no longer eat, however, I will have a day thrown into the mix where my hunger kicks in first thing in the morning.

I do notice a pattern within weeks in the month, (it is also reflected in my weight loss pattern) but yes, it does vary day by day and that for me is incredibly noticeable now that I have too high a level of restriction.

I'm sticking with where I am for another week, it will then be 5 weeks, but as there are only about 4 foods I can now eat, I'm heading to have some taken out.

It's definitely a day-by-day thing. I've reached what I think is my perfect restriction level but that means there's less room for variation. When it's tighter, it's noticeable. It's not too tight, because that's a miserable feeling and its best to have a slight defill in that case, but it takes longer to eat and food passes with more difficulty and I retain a lot of wind. I feel tighter on the week when I ovulate, when its very hot outside and when I'm stressed.

I'm going on a year with the band now (wow, time flies!) so I'm getting pretty well attuned to its moods. I'm careful by instinct now when I'm tighter even if I don't always consciously realise it is tight.

Definitely a yes on that score and without any notice at all. Can get breakfast all prepared and it soon becomes obvious that its not going to be breakfast, lunch or dinner day.

Other days could get an entire horse down :rolleyes:

I thought I was going mad. I was sick on Monday - mortified and all I had was a prepared wrap. I am struggling to eat meat - gutted might have some taken out. It's taken me ages to get a restriction - I took myself back to weight watchers because I thought it was me

If in doubt, I always go back to a couple of days on liquids, it get's things sorted internally for me again, like pressing a reset button.

Sadly I'm not going to fade away if I don't eat for a couple of days.

This has been one of the frustrations to get used to, if I have a big day ahead where access to food is going to be limited, then my body decides that it doesn't want to eat that day anyway and I have prepared food, and arranged my day around making sure that I at least eat something.

But hey ho, keep calm and carry on and not stressing about it, just accepting this feature of my band has been fine. Even if I can utter a 'For ****'s sake' when I hand my yummy breakfast over to my eager husband :rolleyes:

I have had several fills to get the restriction so for me it's been a long process. Has anyone felt that their band can feel different from one day to the next? ?

hi
i have no restriction to food
so have to becareful what i eat
i am due for 3rd fill on saturday 16th march so hoping this will help
i have 6 half mils in my band

kay x

iv had my band 4 yrs and it def varies alot , tighter in morning loosens tyhru the day, if im going to be ill for a few days befor it tight as anything, if i get stressed it plays up , iv been at my perfect sweetspot once but now i have crappy restriction again but fingewrs crossed one day i get it back

hi
i have no restriction to food
so have to becareful what i eat
i am due for 3rd fill on saturday 16th march so hoping this will help
i have 6 half mils in my band

kay x

Hi Kay

This was my third fill x like u I had no restriction but I've just e mailed my surgeon and he told me again about the rule of 20 but strictly no bread

iv had my band 4 yrs and it def varies alot , tighter in morning loosens tyhru the day, if im going to be ill for a few days befor it tight as anything, if i get stressed it plays up , iv been at my perfect sweetspot once but now i have crappy restriction again but fingewrs crossed one day i get it back

Thank u x I've been careful today and been alot better :))

Glad you're feeling better!

I've gone back to liquids only for 4-5 days and then going onto mash to see if that will enable me to get to a place where I can eat some food. I can eat bread and ryvitas, sausages even, but can't eat simple things such as any meat, ham, prawns, fish, tuna, which is rather bizarre. If I still can't when I get back to it, I'm going to have some taken out. I'm fed up of not being able to eat or the food coming back up again if I do. Think they went a little mad giving me 1.5mls last time, but then I had no restriction at all prior to that, so it goes to show, a very small amount can make a big difference!

I've gone back to liquids only for 4-5 days and then going onto mash to see if that will enable me to get to a place where I can eat some food. I can eat bread and ryvitas, sausages even, but can't eat simple things such as any meat, ham, prawns, fish, tuna, which is rather bizarre. If I still can't when I get back to it, I'm going to have some taken out. I'm fed up of not being able to eat or the food coming back up again if I do. Think they went a little mad giving me 1.5mls last time, but then I had no restriction at all prior to that, so it goes to show, a very small amount can make a big difference!

Good luck, top_kat. Hope it will work out itself.

i caNT eat any fish or meat except mince always gets stuck its how i know im at my personal sweetspot it may be your getting good restriction, and you need to adjust to it if you didnt have it befor. at my best id have for say a roast dinner one small potatoe a sprout a few carrot slices and half a teaspoon of meat and that was it , but not everyone likes that kind of restriction and if it not for you then get a defill the thing with bands is it alot of fannying around to get things right because we all react differently and to different foods. goodluck

I had it de filled then re filled and he put in an extra .5 mil and that had made a massive difference. I've tried to eat my tea with my sister tonight and I've taken 2 mouth fulls and it got stuck. #gutted it was only bloody egg

Moomoo1, please can I ask if you've had your band for 4 years why you have 'hoping for band to bypass' in your profile, er, me too !

Well I must be on the right fill now. Ate out (BHS ) for lunch with my sister and couldn't finish cod in parsley sauce with carrots and mashed potato and I've had a salad for my t. Ill jump on scales tomoz x fingers crossed

I had it de filled then re filled and he put in an extra .5 mil and that had made a massive difference. I've tried to eat my tea with my sister tonight and I've taken 2 mouth fulls and it got stuck. #gutted it was only bloody egg

I don't know if you're aware or if anyone has ever mentioned this to you, but early on in my journey I was warned that eggs can be notoriously difficult to digest for many on the band. Before this current fill I could eat them as omelettes only, now I can't eat them at all . . .but it is incredibly common apparently.

I have today, eaten a meal . . .mashed swede, mashed veg and chicken cut up to a size half a small finger nail . . .its the first meal I have been able to eat for 2 weeks without the food coming back up, and finally as I've only managed to eat 3 meals since the fill on 5th Feb . . .hoping that the return to liquids and then mash will help me now to move forward!

It certainly can take some getting used to - when I had that fill she told me to go back in 4 weeks for another one LOL um . . .not on your nelly!

Hope that the scales show good for you, and glad to hear you're getting back on track

I'm quite down today. I've put 1/2 lb on and I've hardly eaten anything all week - not for the want of trying (according to WW anyway) gutted.

I don't know if you're aware or if anyone has ever mentioned this to you, but early on in my journey I was warned that eggs can be notoriously difficult to digest for many on the band. Before this current fill I could eat them as omelettes only, now I can't eat them at all . . .but it is incredibly common apparently.

I have today, eaten a meal . . .mashed swede, mashed veg and chicken cut up to a size half a small finger nail . . .its the first meal I have been able to eat for 2 weeks without the food coming back up, and finally as I've only managed to eat 3 meals since the fill on 5th Feb . . .hoping that the return to liquids and then mash will help me now to move forward!

It certainly can take some getting used to - when I had that fill she told me to go back in 4 weeks for another one LOL um . . .not on your nelly!

Hope that the scales show good for you, and glad to hear you're getting back on track

I'm going to take myself off to m&s for some mashed veg or something. I bought a feel fuller longer meal. Can't eat it. Meat got stuck. I can eat fish cakes etc but meat is a complete no no. I had a chicken dinner yesterday but my sister looked at me like I was a freak because I was cutting chicken into really small bits.

The egg I had the other day was an omelette :-( I'm trying to eat healthy but head for the ryvitta when I'm struggling. I just want to eat normal (healthy) but smaller portions

when you get more restriction as I've just discovered I really oes take some seriously small bits of meat and som serious chewing. Before this recent fill I ate anything freely but now I can eat meat although I Managed 1/2 chicken breast yesterday but chopped up so small it was less than my finger nail on my small finger.

I've just come off from 5 days liquid only and on marshy type stuff now although ryvita I can eat - there isn't anything wrong with eating them...

If you need to go small, go small. I've found I can eat normal ham currently but am ok a times with wafer thin....until the band starts to loosen it really is a case of slower, eating and much smaller pieces...if you're struggling so much to eat, maybe you do have op much in the band? I believe I have but I ate a small meal yesterday and have just had one today without It Coming back up, but ive also found that before 3pm for me It has to be liquid only and yogurts as my band is noticeably tighter although does loosen around 6pm onwards so am eating slightly later....

Back