• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How did you feel day after your band

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hiya

Am new on here, just been accepted for a gastric band, don't know much about the process so if anyone can let me know what happens from now on, need to go back to the doc to ask some questions, but was in shock the day i found out...

How long are you in hospital, how did you feel the day after the band, just so i know how bad it is.....

Thanks

Hi there , I had my band fitted a year and a half ago I was in hosp the night before my op as I was first one to be 'done' next day . After the op I was fine just a little groggy for couple of hours but by tea time I was up out of the bed with me 'face' back on felt fine stayed in one more night then home first thing . I can honestly say I have a pain threshold of minus zero and I felt absolutely fine . So don't worry !xx

thanks, how have you got on hun a year down the line, am worried and excited in one, just want to know what to properly expect, can i not eat meat as read you cant after it.

Hello,

I am new on here too , i am pre op, and sadly i dont have any advice , but i have spent many hours reading patients threads and wl diaries and i havent read reports of anything negative at all, and the results are incredible!! Im sure you will find lots of fantastic advice and support ... all the very best xxx

Hi , it's taken a good year of fills to get to my 'sweetspot' as they call it and my weight loss was slow I have a 14 ml band and I'm now up to 9 and half ml but I don't think the bands are as big now . But in all that time I've still lost weight though never ever gained it's the best thing I've ever done you won't regret it . Just read as much as possible the advice on here is priceless as they've all been through it . Just ask if u need to know anything at all my lovely x

Oh and i eat meat all the time it's bread rice and pasta I struggle with but people are very different and it's all trial and error x

I have a 14 ml band and I'm now up to 9 and half ml but I don't think the bands are as big now .

Hi Nectar

There are 2 types of band, the lapband which comes in different sizes - 7, 9 and 14 and the swedish band which I have that just comes in the 9 mil size.

Surgeons have their preferences over which one they use although the lapband seems to be the most popular for NHS patients.

Hi Bex

I was a private patient so I dont know what happens with the NHS route but the day after my band I was fine. I checked in at 7.00am had my op around 10 and was back in my room by 12. I stayed in overnight and was comfortable then went home early the next morning.

Keep reading on here and ask as many questions as you want. We have all probably needed the same answers at some point :D

Good luck on our journey x

Hi My name is Julie and I have a 7 mil lapband in since july 2010 , its filled too 5 mil capacity atm and thats my sweet spot I am finding :) I currently weigh 11 stone and from 17st 4lbs thats not bad going :) I did lose some weight before the band and put the majority of it back on and thats why I wanted the band in the first place. I went in on the day of my surgery and my provider (nhs) didnt require me too stay in over night, didnt need no pain meds from discharge and was up and walking around town on the 3rd day ( albiet I took my time, walked slowely and didnt over do things) anything else u need to know, dont be afraid to ask anyone xxx

Hi mazza , thanx for that I didn't really know if they were still placing the 14ml bands like you say it's the consultants preference they all still work just the same just took a little longer to fill mine however I do know of some people who only have about 4 or 5 mls and they are at their sweetspot x everyone is different xxxx

Hi sweet
I was in for 1 night, then discharged the next day.
Was sore for about 1 week but not unbearable.
Just remember to read lots & get lots of tips. This is a great place to get help.
X

Thanks everyone, and can i say your doing great xxx

Hey i had mine done 2 weeks tomorrow and i felt fine after surgery everyone is different. It was the trapped wind that was annoying but thats gone now and ive lost over a stone you will be fine hun xx

Hi, I was banded 6 weeks ago, arrived at hosp for midday had op at two went home ten following day, all was great, wind pain in left shoulder was a chore but thanks to this site I new what to expect. I couldn't lie flat for four days so sofa became my bed for a while. No regrets just over a stone lighter! Good luck with your journey!
Jo xx

Hi there and welcome, if you go to the dairy section you will see my diary "me and my battle with the bulge". Im almost 3 weeks post band and ive been as descriptive as possible.
Ensure you research the band as much as possible as you will be very prepared for your new life. From the stories ive read of people failing its mainly been down to them not knowing exactly what the band is and how it works.
Also go onto youtube and look for 2 ladies (skymoon1982 and bandedwendy) both have been sucessfull and show you the ins and outs.
Good luck hun xx

Back