• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does this feeling every go?????

No not taking any antacid's as they disagreed with me and i keep trying other's but they all make me feel sick so next time i see GP in the next week will ask to try some more. I take a sf polo after eating and i feel fine after this - thank you for the thought SS xx

Hi Topsy
so sorry to hear your not feeling well, just a quick thought, have you still got your gallbladder or did they take it out at surgery?
I started to be sick and had pains but these pains were on my right hand side of my ribcage. Everything i ate came back up and I felt sick all the time in between. I had to go back to see my surgeon emergency and they did a scan and it was my gallstones. I am better now but while they were playing up i was miserable!!
Hope its not the same for you hun and that your soon feeling better.

Sending you *****HUGS***** and a sprinkle of your very best fairy dust :)
xxxx

Just thought I would share this with you all had a couple of desert spoons of home made egg fried rice tonight with my tea - plenty of chilli with it still can't do plain old boiled rice, bread or pasta. It was lush and just adds to the feeling that food normality does return and it's not all slops and boring taste less food.
Ooooo Terri that sounds nice - well hopefully this silly feeling should go in a couple of weeks or so and eating can be something i enjoy again - thanks for that sweetheart. Sending hugs and fairy dust xx

This may be the problem your having here, most surgeons prescribe a strong antacid post op, you need to go back to your sugeon or provider and tell him/her your having this problem and see what they say ! you need to be on something like Laporazone, which will stop you feeling nausias pre or post food.

I'm not overly sure a sugar free polo will do you any good !
Thanks SS will see my GP next week and see what we can sort out xx

Hi Jayne - still got my gallbladder but the feeling doesn't seem connected to this in any way. Other than this strange feeling (touch wood) i've been ok and i've only been sick twice in 11wks so i should really have anything to be complaining about - just wanted to know if the feeling was normal and if it went.

Thank you for your hugs and fairy dust - sending you some of my special hugs and fairy dust to you too xx

Hiya - going to be a bit hard on you here, but i mean it in the best intentions.

You have to start learning to eat to full restriction, avoiding the tight uncomfortable feeling in your chest when you fill your pouch isn't good, you'll end up avoiding harder foods and eating softer which allows you to eat more as it slides through the stoma, eating more will eventually lead to weight gain and isn't what you really want to be doing. Also consistantly eating slider foods will over a long period of time allow your pouch to stretch, again allowing more food down in a single meal and in turn longer term weight regain !

Your pouch is a tool and you have to learn how to use it properly, as i said on a different thread - those of us that are successfull understand restriction and how to eat to restriction each meal.

Dont worry to much about the sick empty feeling, thats goes and its going to take your body time to adjust and get used to everything, remember your pouch holds an amount of food that empties through the small stoma fairly quickly, when its empty it really is empty, for some the empty feeling takes ages to return for others its almost immidiately post op.

;)

Richard im going to have to disagree with you there. Mr ammorie and the endocrainologist im under both told me that eating to restriction where you feel pain is not a good idea as thet can cause the osophagus to stretch. They both told me that by eating slowly in the early days and getting used to the different ways you feel as you eat different foods is the way to work with the new pouch.

I never eat to restriction but know when i have had enough without feeling any pain. Or even that uncomfortable full stuffed feeling that i would so often do to myself pre bypass. I consider myself lucky as once i stop eating i have a spell of hiccups as though my pouch is expelling any air that may be in there.

I only eat when im hungry but still have 3 meals a day and occasionally a snack but invariably when i am hungry i get a very empty feeling.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with the proton pump inhibitor (lanzoprozol) im on omzoprozol as i couldnt tolorate lanzoprozol. On a couple of occasions when i have had to deal with an emergancy with one of the girls and ended up at the hospital before breakfast
and have gone on to eat there without taking my morning tablet i have had a sickly feeling after eating. So now makesure i always have a spare tablet inmy handbag in case of emergancy.

hope you get it sorted topsy

hc

Back