• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does this happen to anyone else ?

emma-louise

my new life!!
hello everyone,

a question to ask...
Im 4 and half weeks out from surgery..and Ive noticed something that happens.
Ive been doing really well with foods and taking vitamins.
Yesterday I felt totally drained,no energy and I look very pale and grey I had to go to bed at after 7o clock.
Today I feel back to normal...
This seems to happen every few days where Im ok(for a few days) and then I have a bad day where I am totally drained,and so on..
Its not nice when it happens,especially when u got two young children to look after.
Is this just part of havinga bypass done or will it eventually go away ?
Im not worried,just wondered if theres anything I need to do...many thanks xxxx

Only the once, the day before I was taken ill....but don't get scared. Are you over-doing it a bit? Difficult not to with small kids, I know! Hugs xxx

Not yet for me, but I'm only just over 2 wks after surgery. Not surprising really though, compared to what you would normally eat, you are probably only getting in 1/4 - 1/3 of pre-op calories if that, so it stands to reason you will have days feeling really wiped out. Perhaps try to increase your calories slightly by having a milky coffee or hot chocolate etc xxx

Only the once, the day before I was taken ill....but don't get scared. Are you over-doing it a bit? Difficult not to with small kids, I know! Hugs xxx

hi charis,

so pleased your ok! couldnt stop thinking about you(even though we never met)
anyway..I think Im not over doing it,my 2 year old is a handful but Im trying hard to get all the proteins in etc..Its just hard and draining when it happens,its weird more than anything as It happens like clockwork,,a few days good then one bad..xx

hi angie and zns,

I cant think I had anything me to dump,it lasted all day and like I said its a pattern thats started to emerge.
Im trying to have something every 2/3 hours..so I dont know why it happens,Ill go docs if it carrys on I think x

It's still very early days yet pet. Can you try to build a little afternoon nap into your day? and keep on top of the protein, Babybel lights are good for a bit of a nibble.

Hi Emma - Louise - we are at the same stage and I have had similar symptoms to you. I have had LOADS of energy some days, then other days I could quite happily go for a little sleep (or even a long one!)

Think it is our bodies adjusting - after all we are still only 4 weeks following a fairly major replumb! Hard when you have a little one - luckily my girls are grown up. I do admit I have slunk off to bed on a few occasions which revives me quite well. Have also started to take a multivitamin with lots of iron in just in case that is the problem.

Cant say Ive had anything like that yet, but Im only just over 2 weeks out. I would go and see the GP though if it carries on as I dont think its part of the bypass process :D Good Luck XX

Hi Emma - Louise - we are at the same stage and I have had similar symptoms to you. I have had LOADS of energy some days, then other days I could quite happily go for a little sleep (or even a long one!)

Think it is our bodies adjusting - after all we are still only 4 weeks following a fairly major replumb! Hard when you have a little one - luckily my girls are grown up. I do admit I have slunk off to bed on a few occasions which revives me quite well. Have also started to take a multivitamin with lots of iron in just in case that is the problem.

I take zinc,iron,calichew,selenium,foreval,and 8 tabs a day for my nightmare periods,..so I think I wouldnt get this drained with all the help all these.
I wish I could rest more,I do admit if I can sneek an odd hour in,when hubby is on the right shift for me to rest,I do feel so much better...what are b12 injections for?

yes I think I may have to jacqui,just going to leave it for a couple of more weeks,incase its just part of the healing process,I may find Im better after I mve onto soft stage.x

B12 is another iron rich vitamin. I have to have mine every 3 months and I know quite a few people have said they feel washed out when theirs is due.

B12 injections are just a iron/vitamin boost as after bypass we dont absorb B vitamins well through our replumbed insides! I was told though that if you were healthy before the bypass B12 if needed, should not be necessary until 5 - 6 months post op? Not sure why but that is what the dietician said.

B12 is another iron rich vitamin. I have to have mine every 3 months and I know quite a few people have said they feel washed out when theirs is due.

charis,how do you know if you need these injections? is tiredness,lack of energy a sign?even if you think your drinking and eating enough for your bypass

Yes tiredness is definitely a sign. Your GP should be able to arrange a simple blood test. My Consultant prescribes routinely after the first month, for life.

Yes tiredness is definitely a sign. Your GP should be able to arrange a simple blood test. My Consultant prescribes routinely after the first month, for life.

so its worth asking about?
I thought it might be too early to ask,as Im still healing,and no doubt still quite weak.
Before the op,I had to take iron as I was borderline anemic a lot due to heavy periods

Oh yes, goodness, especially if you were already anaemic. Go get it checked out sweety. xxxx

I was very much like that, especially having 2 young kids too, I was like one day full of beans, next day shattered! It does disappear when you up yr foodintake.xx

Back