• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 Days Post-op...NOT A GOOD MORNING

emma-louise

my new life!!
MORNING ALL..

its been 10 days since surgery,and I think ive been doing really well.
Ive been taking all liquids good,adding extra marvel and protein powder where possible,and sipping my water!

But this morning,well Im aching all over,my shoulder and back are really achy.
And the front of my tummy feels really tight,i gather the area where they did all the re-plumbing!

I just GOT NO ENERGY..and Ive been making sure Im getting what I need,its hard to rest when i have a 3 year old girl to look after too.

even typing this is taking all my effort!
anyone else felt like this with these tight pains after op ?

xxxxxx BUT i DO NOT REGRET SURGERY!!!...lol

Sorry, I pre-op so don't have any advice but I hope you get some answers soon & you're back on the mend.

Take care

hi em huni, sounds like you could have a lot of trapped wind, are you still taking the deflatine etc. somtimes wind can get trapped overnight, have you managed to eat anything, even just a hot drink, can sometimes help. and er, is everything ok in the toilet dept, are you managing to 'go' ok. even now i am tender in the area where all the main work was done, they told me it is normal for this. but it dosnt affect me, its just slightly tender to touch sometimes. if your still worried,ring up the hospital and just make sure, it will put your mind at rest, but try the other things first, hot drink, deflatine, a little food. let me know how you go on huni, youve got my number, txt me. ok, big hugs xx

HI Emma Louise, yes, I thik I had days like these too. Even now sometimes.
Dawny's given you good advice honey. I often take a deflatine at bed time because I get a lot of wind...and I know I've woken up with it this morning too.

Please let us know how you go on, and do ring your hospital if you're worried lovey.

thanks charis,

i dont feel worried enough to ring hospital,ill just carry on drinking etc and im going take painkiller.
and i think ur doing wonderful with your weight loss,it all adds up.
And ur less likely to become ill and loose ur hair,I hope I lose it slowly like you to be honest(even though I want it off NOW!!)

XXXX

thats a good idea charis, taking a deflatine at bedtime, i suppose it will stop any wind getting trapped. i dont seem to be botherd by wind like that, i guess im lucky, although i do burp more now than i ever used to, its usually when ive eaten, even though i eat slowly, and chew till theres virtually nothing left to swallow. i dont get botherd by pain or anything though. big hugs x

thanks charis,

i dont feel worried enough to ring hospital,ill just carry on drinking etc and im going take painkiller.
and i think ur doing wonderful with your weight loss,it all adds up.
And ur less likely to become ill and loose ur hair,I hope I lose it slowly like you to be honest(even though I want it off NOW!!)

XXXX
Thanks sweety. I did have a lot of days like this, especially if I'd been busy the day before. I think when we feel so well, we forget we've had very major surgery, and if it's keyhole, I think that can lull us into a false sense of security too.
This may just be your body's way of saying 'slow down and let me rest and recover'!
Try to get protein in too, even if it's just in milky drink form. Your body needs fuel at the moment, to heal.

sometimes i think the fact that it is done by keyhole, can be a bad thing, cos like you say charis, we dont realise just how major a thing it is, and because the recovery seems so quick, we dont give ourselves a chance to recover. so eventually our body is gonna make us rest, one way or another.

i was thinkig that zns when i read your post a little while ago, it is probably somthing to do with wind/poo issues, our systems take a while to get back to normal after such a disruption, and also if you think of how out 'plumbing' has changed. hope your both feeling better soon, zns and em. big hugs to you both xxx

Back