• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does this happen to anyone else ?

thanks linzi,

really hits you hard when you have a bad day! and my 2 year old is a 30 year old disguised in a 2 years old body!!

I know that.. my 3 yr old can be a teenager at times! Think its just our bodies way of saying slow down when we try & do too much... its not easy to be slow with little ones.x

oh gosh if you are already borderline anaemic get it checked out!

And hey another anomaly depending on who you get your op with . . 'monthly B12 for life' I will be now worried I may need one after being told we shouldnt need one for 5/6 months!!

hi em huni, def go to docs, you probably need your iron/b12 looking at, i just told my gp i was supposed to have b12 every 3 months and she arranged it, had me first one 6 weeks ago. i reckon cos your already run down, your body is makig sure you get some rest. so first stop gp. then try and build a little time into each day for some form of rest, working round the little one of course. also you could ask to be referred to a gynae to see if theres anything they can do about your periods if they are making you ill.
see ya later babes, big hugs xx

oh gosh if you are already borderline anaemic get it checked out!

And hey another anomaly depending on who you get your op with . . 'monthly B12 for life' I will be now worried I may need one after being told we shouldnt need one for 5/6 months!!

No Mel, it's 3 monthly for life! LOL they sting like eck too!

Hi Emma-Louise
Its very early days post op so you are bound to feel tired some days at this stage i did and you have two small children to care for. At only 4 weeks post op i would be surprised if your vitB12 levels are low its usually 3 to 4 months post op before they can drop. That said i have never needed any in 14 months. I take vitamin B complex tablets. If you are having nightmare periods hun that as you know will be taking it out of you and you def need to get your iron levels checked. I had to get the Mirena coil fitted some years ago due to heavy periods. Another thing worth mentioning is that i haven't ever noticed an increase in energy levels despite losing over 9 stone so it doesn't always happen. As the rest have said arrange a blood test you may need extra iron. Let us know how you get on. Good luck x

No Mel, it's 3 monthly for life! LOL they sting like eck too!

Mmmm not planning on one of those then . . and glad that is not MONTHLY!!!! Every 12 weeks sounds bad enough. Will keep popping the B Complex vitamins and hope they are enough to keep me going . . . oh and perhaps large portions of liver and spinach!! :eat:

when i had my b12 jab, the nurse kept warning me that it would probably sting, but when she did it, i didnt feel a thing, but, it did take her ages to do it, she said she pushed it in as slowly as she could, and i can honestly say, i didnt feel anything at all. so i must be lucky to have a nice nurse, lol. my mum has iron ja bs every week, and she said depending on who comes out to do it, depe nds on if it hurts or not. either way its only a few seconds n if it makes u feel better, its worth it.

thanks all x
Ill give it a couple of weeks then Ill go doctors,as its only early days and Im not too worried at the minute.
I think I may need to rest more though xxxx

I'm 3 weeks out tomorrow and I'm exactly the same...had all my bloods checked and everything fine, u think its just part of the process for some of us xxx

Back