• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dont Go to Sunderland!!!!

pollybree

Hi everyone, I have been refered to Darlington for my initial seminar. I have spoken to the bariatric nurse and she has told me that from your semiar date to op is around a 18week wait which is under 6 months!!! Totally excited now I thought it would take alot longer. I know Sunderland is an excellent hospital and they are doing a great job but the waiting times there are more than double that so if you want a quicker op date and you live in the north east go to Darlington xx

Just make sure you are mentally prepared for this life changing decision. It took me almost 2 years to get to my op date but needed it really to get my head round things and it gave family tine to come round to the idea, the ones that were struggling with it. xx Good luck with your journey xx

That's very quick. You need much longer to prepare yourself!
Also, the staff there will admit themselves, they are nowhere near as experienced in bariatrics as SRH and struggle to cope with anything other than very routine. I'm not saying they aren't capable, I'm saying Sunderland pass their experiences on to you... everyone's situation/op/recovery is different.
Make the right choice, not the quickest.

Hi thanks for all you replies, I cant believe Sunderland is 2 years, maybe I do need more time to prepare though????? Its all happening so quickly, I dont know if I would be able to wait to years though as I am too impatient but on the down side maybe 5 months is a little too quick?

are you sure.. it took me 18 months to get through procedure, as the appointments are spaced out, shocked to think its so fast .

Hi it's really fast at North Tees also, about 5 months. I have taken the long route through Sunderland!

I suppose the arguement is that if you go private it can be very quick and many people have had fabulous changes in their life. Someone in my family went private, had one thorough assessment and then went on to have the surgery fairly soon after. That was two years ago and she has transformed her life. Some people need to wait a long time to get into a good place to have the op, others don't.

I decided I wanted the op on the Saturday and booked it on Monday morning. I sorted out my finances that week for credit cards etc. I googled and for two hours before I decided I wanted the band instead of anything else and I haven't looked back or regretted once since! It was a sudden life changing decision but the right one. I am broke though!

Back