• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really beginning to lose heart

claire36uk

Sorry everyone but i am going to have a little rant here....

I've been ringing up Birmingham Heartlands this week to try to speak to the Bariatric team, regarding support and suggestions on losing weight because nothing i am doing at the moment is working, not even reductil:cry:. I get the same ole answer machine message... I AM SORRY THERE IS NOBODY AVAILABLE TO TAKE YOUR CALL AT PRESENT, WE ARE TAKING CALLS BETWEEN 8.00 AND 12.OO, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME, TELEPHONE NUMBER, DATE OF BIRTH AND HOSPITAL NUMBER IF YOU HAVE ONE AND WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITHIN THE NEXT WORKING DAY!!!!!
After leaving messages every day for someone to call me back i am YET to recieve a call back from them, when they have my landline number AND my mobile number.:mad:

I am just completely losing heart with Birmingham Heartlands, I have my pre op assessment on Monday and i shall be putting a complaint in there when i get there as i find this is totally disgusting. Just getting concerned that when i go for my Pre Op Assessment and they see i havent lost any weight there going to cancel the operation :cry:

If the support isnt there before you have your operation whats it going to be like afterwards!!!! :confused:
Has anyone else experienced problems with Birmingham Heartlands Bariatric Team?

Sorry everyone rant over with :sigh:

Oh hun I can't help you but please hang in there, don't give up, I am sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Claire,
I know what you mean about not losing any weight before your pre-op, but at the end of the day, if you found it easy then you wouldn't be needing wls in the first place. I think if you are able to explain what changes you have tried to make to your eating/thinking/living habits, to at least show you have attempted to get your head in the right place then, hopefully, you will be ok. Added to which, you have tried to access support, but without success. Hope you get on ok.

Hi Claire
Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with the hospital. Please don't give up it will all come right talk to them on Monday and get answers and submit a complaint. As WW says if only loosing weight was that easy....... Remember we are here to support you and feel free to pm me if you need to let off steam. Big hugs xx

Thank you everyone for the kind words and the support. Margaret i have tried calling at different times, even at 7.55 just incase i was lucky to catch someone but still no joy, am still waiting for the phone call. I think they have all buggered off on holiday you know lol. I shall definately be complaining though as like i said in the beginning of my thread, if the support is like this now whats it going to be like afterwards, i guess i am just lucky i am a member of this wonderful group and know i will get help and support from here if need be so thank you guys for being there for everyone of us who needs it :)

I was at Heartlands twice yesterday, once for something else not weight related and I seen one of them on duty and then again last night at the weight group for wls where 3 of the Biaratric team were in attendance.

I can't fault any of them, they are all so helpful but then I havn't tried phoning them. I was told last night though that they are brill with the aftercare and that Adrian phones when he is supposed to and even texts his patients.

I've just looked at my paperwork for any email or other phone numbers but it doesn't state any.

I was at Heartlands twice yesterday, once for something else not weight related and I seen one of them on duty and then again last night at the weight group for wls where 3 of the Biaratric team were in attendance.

I can't fault any of them, they are all so helpful but then I havn't tried phoning them. I was told last night though that they are brill with the aftercare and that Adrian phones when he is supposed to and even texts his patients.

I've just looked at my paperwork for any email or other phone numbers but it doesn't state any.

I've been in contact with them before now, when i got pre op dates and operation dates and they were lovely on the phone and called me back when i have left a messages, it's just now there is no communication what so ever, i am calling the number i have always called but nothing :rolleyes: i am a bit confused.com which dont take alot at the moment lol

Hi Claire,

Have you tried phoning the Diebetic dpt? Tell them which number you are phoning and tell them that you are not getting any replies. They may have another number or one of the team might be in clinic.

Fingers crossed for you on Monday. x

Gaynor I have got my diet sheets for the pre op but nothing for beforehand, i start pre op diet on monday and go for my pre op assessment on Monday as well, i have to do the pre op diet for 4 weeks and i have been told to lose between 7-14kg's, so hopefully i am going to lose this on the pre op diet but i shall have a word with them when i go for my pre op assessment. X

Jezabelle i called the diabetic department yesterday and they are going to pass my details onto the bariatric team so fingers crossed someone gives me a call today. X

any news ?

Hi Claire I am so glad to hear that you may be getting somewhere now, I will keep everything crossed for you hun. We are all here to help you, there is always someone that can answer your questions or cheer you up.

Thanks everyone for keeping my spirits up, I have been in all day yet again even though they have my mobile number and i STILL havent recieved a phone call, Thats everyday this week i have been waiting and nothing, whats going on!!!!! Still not long to the pre op assessment i will have words there and hopefully they can help me or get someone that can help me :) X

Back