• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi New to site and pre op

South Beach

Hi there ,
I joined this site yesterday evening after having the OGD check and being told that I would have a max waiting time of 6 months for the Gastric bypass.

Being put on the actual list made it all more real. I started my journed two years ago when the consultant wanted to refer me to Sunderland.

I originally declined and tried to diet at home but due to other illness I am not mobile so instead of losing It carried on creeping on more weight. I quit smoking and still don't smoke but gained much more weight.

I finally caved and last decemeber asked my gp to follow up the referal they told me once funding is approved I will be invited to a talk at Sunderland
January 2012 I was invited to the seminar and found it very helpful for myself and my husband.
July had the individual meeting with the consultant.

He set the new target and the ogd check date. I made target and had the Endoscopy yesterday. I am now waiting for the date of operation. I will update when I get more information.

I do feel guilty that I am having to go through all this just because i can not seem to cut my food intake down enough to make me lose weight.

Well thats the story so far.. I am currently following a stay under 1000 cals a day diet with help of m&s spanish salad and the fuller longer ready meals for when I am laid up with broken bones.

Hi southbeach and good luck on your journey

Hi there,
Thank you for the good luck wishes. Good luck for you too. Hope you have your bypass in December. Have fingers crossed for you

Welcome to the forum. It is fab here with loads of advice & support. Good luck with your op & weight loss journey. Don't feel guilty just make sure you do everything to make this a success. I had a gastric sleeve & 8 months post surgery I have lost 8 1/2 stones, pain free from my chronic sciatica & my high blood pressure is now normal. It has revolutionised my life & love buying all these new clothes. I was a size 30 in March & now a size 16 which is getting a bit big! You can do it.

Thank you for your reply. The gastric sleeve the consultant said he would do if the bypass is not possible due to all the scar tissue from years of surgery to treat Endometriosis and stuff. I thought I was on the home straight after the Hysterectomy. Its very good to read that the sleeve is just as good as the bypass. I feel so much better after reading up on it. Now I just can not wait to get my surgery!
Fingers crossed I will hear soon but I believe it will be next spring next year.

Back