• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What a difference a fill makes!

Daisyhappy!

Wow wow wow my fill on Friday has made a huge difference! Im so happy i can't believe how great it feels. I can't say that I've felt "restriction" but hunger seems to be a thing of the past.
Three small meals, no snacks- to be honest i found that really really hard. I was still almost as hungry as pre band.
I can't believe the feeling i just really love it. Finally!
I had really started to worry that the band would never work.
I know I'll need to continue getting fills as it wears off but for the moment Im so pleased.

yay! great news Daisy :) xxx

Thank you Caren :) I've only lost 15lbs so far so Im really hoping this fill gives me the boost, from what i can tell already it has!
I've brought my tuna salad in one of my daughters containers to work because i couldn't even manage half what i would have had last week :) and the full feeling lasts so long!

Daisy- welcome to the world of the Bandit! xx

Well i had the op six weeks ago but lost the 15lbs in about two weeks then stayed the same, i really struggled until my fill on Friday but have lost 3lbs since then.
I was snacking a lot but have cut that out now. I know you're probably sick of hearing it but everyone really is different, i used to spend hours calculating how much i could lose in how short a time but now my aim is to learn, finally, how to eat healthy and give my body what it needs to be healthy and Im now sticking to three small meals a day and ensuring that each meal contains healthy ingredients.
It really isn't a magic solution but those pounds are now gone forever, i could never say that before.

Well done it will only get better from here onwards!! X

You're an inspiration because I too have been struggling with my band. I lost the weight initially because I didn't want to waste my money so I lost 6 stone without having a fill (due mainly to my provider telling me that fills were a sign of weakness). However since then I've really struggled to keep the weight off and recently put 3 stone back on. I was feeling like a complete failure and as if I'd lost the plot. However, I've been following your story and have been having fills done regularly and am feeling much more positive now. I've not quite reached my 'sweet spot' yet but like you, am beginning to feel as if this band is really going to help me get slim and maintain it. So thank-you for taking the time to share your experiences. It makes me realise that there are others like me and I'm not a failure.

I tried to reply to you yesterday in work but when i read over it, it was all gobbledy gook cos i was so tired :)
Thanks so much for the lovely message, sometimes i forget that in sharing your struggles and challenges you're letting someone else know it's ok to have them because to be totally honest i stayed well clear of this site when i was struggling because of some of 'tough love' and downright nasty attitudes from some people who hadn't even had the band- that id received when just being honest in the beginning.
You've done AMAZING to lose all that weight, basically on your own! My understanding is that the point of the band is the fills. Even if it's the tiniest, teeniest little tweek or none at all for a while. But not to have any seems very hard, now that i realise how much difference 1cc can make!
Well done and i totally understand how you can gain weight with the band, the last few weeks i felt like my knuckles were white from just clinging on to my weight. Forget about losing i was terrified of gaining!

Well 6lbs off this week since my fill Im so so happy!

Hear hear! I totally agree with you. So glad to hear that you're doing so well now with your weight loss. There's definitely more to this band malarky than meets the eye. Thanks for taking the time to reply and I'm looking forward to continuing to follow your band journey xxx

Daisy...total respect... tough love advice can only really be given bu people who love & care about you because otherwise it just becomes tough criticism & makes you feel worse! Ignore the bad communicators & stick in there because you're a classic case of a band journey....& bands DO work....but they don't do the work for you like a sleeve or a bypass initially. At the end of 2 years bandits have usually caught up with the others as they iron out their habits & use the band to alter their diet. You are an inspiration because you're doing it!!!! Xx

Back