• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Don't want to take too much with me...but...

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
I probably will! Wherever I go, I always pack more than I need lol

The bypass pack the hospital gave me said most of their patients are in for one night. Some for two. But then a lady who is having her op the day after me said people from oour hospital have told her 3 days.

So then I want to plan for every eventuality. I guess I can plan for 2 nights. If I have to stay in longer, have emergency kit at home that my partner can bring in.

How long was everyone else in with a bypass?? And how did you pack?

2 nights,basic toiletries,towels,pillow,pjs and a nighty,phone.Didnt use lappy,books,mags etc!

That sound very doable to me :) Bought two nighties and one set of pyjamas, knickers, pack of asda sports bras and some slippers in Jan (most from Amazon Jan sales lol)

I will pop into B & M today and pick up the toiletries etc.

How long were you in for?

I've got mine packed lol must be eager

2pjs 1 nightie slippers dressing gown
6 knickers 3bra 6 socks
Mouth spray mouthwash toothbrush toothpaste
Body wash sponge flannel shampoo conditioner brush toilet wipes face wipes talc cream
2bath towels 1 hand towel
iPad iPhone sleeve book :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Two nights first in ICU so you are kept in gown, shower and change second day into a mighty - my stomach was sooo swollen pjs were a no go then home the following afternoon, people brought me magazines and nurses read them because if you aren't sipping you are sleeping!! Good luck xx

In my list of things to take it just says underwear n nitewear as toiletries n towels provided but I'd rather have my own :) I'm goin spire in mac x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I took

3 x shorts
3 x Polo Shirts
Flip Flops
Toiletries

The Hospital provided towels etc for me but I took my own anyways

Thank you everyone :) made me feel a lot better.

My hospital letter said bring your own toiletries and tissues, as we don't provide them. The tissues gave me a giggle lol. I will need a roll or two once the anaesthetist comes and speaks to me! Lol!!

my bag consists of
toiletries
1 x pair pj's
pants
t shirt ( to sleep in , usually sleep buff :eek:)
crusha
marvel
peppermint tea ( for wind pain )
jellies
squash
dressing gown
slippers
water bottle ( easier to drink out of )
think thats it
also have to take my cpap

Sounds like you are sorted Pandora :) didn't think of things to drink lol

Mine so far has:

Nighty
Soft pj's (may swap for another nighty)
Kimono
4 x pants
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mouthwash
Body lotion
Body wash
Flannel and towels
Slippers
Brush and small compact mirror

I think that's it so far. Looks like a lot already lol

One go on Heartlands WLS support group fb page said he was in one night. I will try to plan for two x

This is like that game from when you're young "I'm going on holiday and in my bag I packed..."

I am going to list my bag in what I found to be of the most important to the least important - just for interest!

1.Dry mouth spray (top tip, Thank you Rayne)
2.Toothbrush & Paste
3.Wet wipes & spray deo
4.Nighty x1 for first day when in bed
5.loose leggings & Old T shirts x 2 (wore day and night)
6.Dry shampoo and hairbursh
7.Resistance band to hook my legs in and out of bed - strange I know but very useful.
8.Flipflops
I wore pants into hospital and out - none in between, You won't need socks as you will have your stockings on all the time for the next 4 weeks!
I took my lap top and kindle and did not use them as tended just to sleep and sip. My surgeon would not let me sip from a water bottle as he said it made you take in too much additional air. I was not allowed free fluids until 2 hours before going home either.

Oh and I took my CPAP - but none of the nurses knew what to do with it, despite me checking before going to theatre they would be happy to put it on when I got back...it was rather funny trying to explain it and feeling drunk !

Good luck with your bag packing ladies!
xxx

Hi fuffs

A few tips from me...
Take a Soft bra...wired bra's hurt like hell if they rub on stitches.
Nighties better than pjs,i didn't even use pjs as they was uncomfy near stitches.
Don't bother with gadgets...Laptop etc,your in pain and sleepy.
Just take what you need,I took a holdhall full and never used any x

Thanks for that!! :) very useful!

I forgot I have wipes and deodorant too.

I will get some more mouth spray from Boots too :)

emma-louise said:
Hi fuffs

A few tips from me...
Take a Soft bra...wired bra's hurt like hell if they rub on stitches.
Nighties better than pjs,i didn't even use pjs as they was uncomfy near stitches.
Don't bother with gadgets...Laptop etc,your in pain and sleepy.
Just take what you need,I took a holdhall full and never used any x

I have bought two sports bras. Will they do?

I will leave my laptop at home then. It's safer there anyway :) I will also choose between my iPhone and blackberry. I want as little expensive items with me as possible.

This forum is awesome :)

Fuffs said:
I have bought two sports bras. Will they do?

I will leave my laptop at home then. It's safer there anyway :) I will also choose between my iPhone and blackberry. I want as little expensive items with me as possible.

This forum is awesome :)

Sports bra's are soft so I reckon so.. And as I mentioned about Nighties rather than pjs,I nipped into marks and spencers and bought a nightie with a hidden support,so I worn this soon as I was able to freshen up after the op.
As there was no way a wire bra was going on!! As so tender.

emma-louise said:
Sports bra's are soft so I reckon so.. And as I mentioned about Nighties rather than pjs,I nipped into marks and spencers and bought a nightie with a hidden support,so I worn this soon as I was able to freshen up after the op.
As there was no way a wire bra was going on!! As so tender.

That's a great idea! Thank you :)

I have big old bangers - and I have not worn a bra since day of op - just to close to the top incisions for now ! This must be how the suffragettes felt! x

OOnion said:
I have big old bangers - and I have not worn a bra since day of op - just to close to the top incisions for now ! This must be how the suffragettes felt! x

Lol...I'm well rid of my big scaffolding bra's!!
Little bangers these days for me x

Woohoo! Burn the bra and sweep my knees with my nipples! Lol

The thing I couldn't have managed without was a set of earplugs! The hospital is sooooo noisy at night and these meant I could sleep for a few hours at least. Good luck, not too long to wait:)

Back