• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Twiddling my thumbs...

RoseA

First of all I want to say a BIG thank you to everyone who has sent me good wishes for my upcoming surgery - I have been quite overwhelmed and so appreciate your support ! :553:

Today is a day of twiddling thumbs... not much to do now, apart from pack my bag. I think hubby is more nervous than I am. I suspect I am taking far too much stuff into hospital, including a bag of electronic gizmos (I am the original gadget girrrl ! hehe :D), but I'm told I'll be in for 5 nights, including 2 nights before the op and I don't plan on being bored doing nothing !

Hiya Rose, glad you are getting yourself sorted ready for going in. Wishing you all the very best, try and keep in touch if you can via your gadgets lol. xxxxx

Sounds like a good plan! I took my laptop and messed about on that a bit whilst I waited,...then was trapped in front of Ascot /antiques roadshow etc on the TV after my op was done....arrghh...
I was too feeble to do much else other than sleep or stare at the telly in hospital ! Good idea to take things to distract you. I love gadgets and games too x
You might find taking a mouth spray or mouth wash is good before surgery when you are waiting to go in and not allowed to drink. Was great for me as my op was meant to be first thing in the morning and then had to wait til lunch time and beyond instead and I was gasping!

Twiddle, twiddle.... is it time yet ?? :whistle:
I'm spending the afternoon downloading a TV drama and a new word game to my iPod Touch. I've already got 14 hours of audiobook to listen to, hundreds of hours of music... :rolleyes:

Blimey Rose, you are definitely getting some stuff together to watch/listen to. I bought an iphone to take in with me, so I can keep in touch on facebook, but haven't worked out how to get on this site with it, or download/upload music to it, as was thinking I could do that to take in to listen to. Oh well, shall have to get some lessons in technology lol xxxxx
Not long now hun, keeping everything crossed for you xxxx

Lol, were you in the girl guides by any chance....dib dib dub! x

Oh yes ! And I even met my husband on a Girl Guide campsite... :cool:

You'd never guess I was an impatient soul would you ?! :D

Good luck! Enjoy your down time before the op.

still twiddling... sitting by my bed trying to use the internet on the telly but its painfully slow. i am bored and i can smell lunch but im on clear fluids only :-( i think im scheduled first thing tomorrow

Hi Rosa,

Hopefully you wont be twiddling for much longer. I know the smell of food is awful when you are being restricted.

Good luck tomorrow.

Oh you poor thing, it must be torture being stuck in there for so long before your op. Can I ask why you had to go in two days early?

At least you've got your laptop with you. I'm taking mine too but I'm not sure whether I'll feel up to using it after the op but at least I can lay there watching a film, or most likely fall asleep during it as I usually do!

Fingers crossed you go down first thing in the morning! I'm scheduled to be first on the list thank goodness as I'm sure I'd end up panicking if I had to wait around for several hours :eek:

Have you got access to wi-fi or using a dongle, and if so do they mind you using it? I don't yet know whether thy have wi-fi at the Whittington so not sure if I'll manage to get online unless I use my phone.

Just think, this time tomorrow you'll be back on the ward and it will all be done & dusted :D

Hi Rose, glad to see you can get on here to post. Not long now hun, you will soon be a loser, sending hugs xxx

Back