• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Don't want to take too much with me...but...

My foam oral swabs (sounds wrong lol) turned up today. Still waiting for dry mouth spray. Just ordered to plastic retainers body jewellery bars for an area that my surgeon found amusing, but was very helpful in answering my question lol

Lol can I ask where roughly your bars may be? I have surgery planned for the 3/5 and also have some 'intimate' piercings and wondered what I would have to do about them. I had spinal surgery a few years back and they just let me leave them in but now I have my most intimate one and worried it may get in the way. What did they suggest?

Sar2567 said:
Lol can I ask where roughly your bars may be? I have surgery planned for the 3/5 and also have some 'intimate' piercings and wondered what I would have to do about them. I had spinal surgery a few years back and they just let me leave them in but now I have my most intimate one and worried it may get in the way. What did they suggest?

Lol! I am guessing we are in the same region lol. The surgeon said if it was navel a plaster on it would suffice. But for down there plastic retainers are better. So I bought a couple cheaply off Amazon :)

Not used retainers before. Guess i better get some and learn! Thanks for the advice, the look on peoples faces when you tell them... either total shock or disgust! lol

Sar2567 said:
Not used retainers before. Guess i better get some and learn! Thanks for the advice, the look on peoples faces when you tell them... either total shock or disgust! lol

Lol!!!! I have had mine since I was 19. My nan treated me like I was a whore of Babylon when she found out!! Lol!!!

I have used retainers before. But only in my tongue. It was ok. I bought curved ones for down south. I have rings at present. So they may feel strange lol

Lol!!!! I have had mine since I was 19. My nan treated me like I was a whore of Babylon when she found out!! Lol!!!

I have used retainers before. But only in my tongue. It was ok. I bought curved ones for down south. I have rings at present. So they may feel strange lol
OMG...... NOT A TOUCHEE PIERCING i feel like you nan now!!!! lol ... well STILL NO FRINKIN DATE"!!! mr Richardson explained very eloquently the reasons for delay with me... to do with adhesions etc which i knew. he sAYS all the dates had been decided now, and the letters would be in the post within 7 days..... and i had his word on that ... now Sophie.... i can often be fooled but do you think i believed him! i do hope it wasnt a fib! i explained not the fact Mr kumar left that is frustrating but the fact folk havenet been kept upto speed. bottom line, my op will be around middle of May.... so ANOTHER 9 WEEKS thats 18weeks late. so i am treating myself to a wee glass or 2 of wine this evening, as i now have even more time to shrink my already shrunken liver. yours is getting close girlie, wont be long and he said yesterday cancellations only in extreme circumstances as they want to clear the backlog quickly. speak soon x

kate thomson said:
OMG...... NOT A TOUCHEE PIERCING i feel like you nan now!!!! lol ... well STILL NO FRINKIN DATE"!!! mr Richardson explained very eloquently the reasons for delay with me... to do with adhesions etc which i knew. he sAYS all the dates had been decided now, and the letters would be in the post within 7 days..... and i had his word on that ... now Sophie.... i can often be fooled but do you think i believed him! i do hope it wasnt a fib! i explained not the fact Mr kumar left that is frustrating but the fact folk havenet been kept upto speed. bottom line, my op will be around middle of May.... so ANOTHER 9 WEEKS thats 18weeks late. so i am treating myself to a wee glass or 2 of wine this evening, as i now have even more time to shrink my already shrunken liver. yours is getting close girlie, wont be long and he said yesterday cancellations only in extreme circumstances as they want to clear the backlog quickly. speak soon x

Lol!!!!! @ touchee! Sorry nan!! Lol. It's actually done twice. The girl done it in the wrong place. Had to go back for the man to get it right lol

Glad you have answers. May sounds soooo far at the moment. I have a feeling he must be telling the truth. As just to quiet all the complaints they must be booking everyone in by now. Fingers crossed!!

I would defo be on the wine too if I were you lol. You may as well have a go lol. You have plenty of time to do your damn pre op diet again :( grrrrrr

So glad cancellations are going to be only in extreme circumstances. I was sitting here thinking about that today. So that has given me some comfort. Thanks Kate ((((hugs))))

Got pre op assessment on Monday. Nervous for some reason lol

My mouth spray should have arrived by 20th March and was only dispatched today after I emailed them Monday. Grrrrr!

Other than that, my bag is almost perfect now.

I am suppose to be in at least 3 nights because my op is on the weekend. Boooo lol

My dry mouth spray finally came today!! Was due before 20th, but glad to finally have it :D

Not long now hun! I watched that horizon link you put up and forwarded it to my boss as well, who is supportive but always asks why can't I diet and I can never explain it well enough to her.

You are doing so well on your preop diet. Have you done your shopping for post op yet?

Yvessa said:
Not long now hun! I watched that horizon link you put up and forwarded it to my boss as well, who is supportive but always asks why can't I diet and I can never explain it well enough to her.

You are doing so well on your preop diet. Have you done your shopping for post op yet?

I am so glad mentioning it was useful :) I loved it. What a great way of explaining obesity and the bypass.

And yeah, soon will be only 5 days!!! Seems unreal :)

I have collected a lot of clear liquid items for the first two weeks. Then some lumper soups etc for the second stage. But even though I have done this, still somehow feel I am not prepared right. It's a strange feeling.

How are you Yve? Xxx

I am stressed about money and the move :/ All the rents have gone up so much and that is annoying me. Played the lotto today - not even a tenner.

Yvessa said:
I am stressed about money and the move :/ All the rents have gone up so much and that is annoying me. Played the lotto today - not even a tenner.

Aaww (((hugs))) money and moving are two highly stressful things. I haven't checked my lottery. If I win, I will help you :)

aww thanks hun.. Just feel like am in limbo at the moment - will be better once op is done. Everything feels like it is holding a breath until the operation date.

I know exactly how you feel. I am so focused in my op date now everything else (other than friends and family) feels like a nuisance lol

I collected the rest of my post op things from my partners house today. Soups etc. So think I am set lol

I hadn't even thought about what to take and my op is only 3 weeks away! Have started a list now. I don't own any nighties so I'll have to find some but my PJ's are all loose and baggy as I make my own and make them comfy. Might take some with me.

Back