• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Downward spiral!

I did my pre op in sept and was told it will be around 12 to 18 before i get op done. I was asked if I wanted to go on the list if anything came up earlier and of course i said yes.. I waited 3 weeks then got the call that i can have my op on Monday next week. So it does happen and it seems quite often. Don't give up hope x

You will still have all these problems to face post op,so try to get your heads in the right place now.Trust me it is just as hard further out from surgery.Im back at Slimming World at nearly 8 months and have started to put the pounds on again,something I swore would never happen again.

Thank you so much for admitting what so many will not.......despite all good intentions, for a large number of us, we cannot maintain the WLS regime and we start to fall back into old ways and the slow gain starts to happen.

As of today, its my intention to start on liquids only for a week, then soft and so on and I am going to do this for a month. For 4 months post op, I complied fully and the weight fell off. Then in July, for a reason that I cannot fathom, I started to test myself and see what I could eat and how much. Unfortunately I passed my test with flying colours!!!!! and discovered that I can eat anything and everything. I also started drinking and eating together too, so for some absurd, self destructive reason, I proceeded to eat and drink totally normally again. Since July I am up one stone and have a bad case of self loathing.

I had a large Latte for breakfast and a high protein soup for lunch and it will be soup for dinner too and I will continue for a week. Its only half way thru the day but I am feeling strong and like the fact that I am doing something uncomplicated and so far I am feeling OK. I expect to be a misery tomorrow and will probably have a headache etc but hey ho, if I dont do it I only see myself continuing to pile on.

Wish me luck please, I need it.

Suzanne
x

You will still have all these problems to face post op,so try to get your heads in the right place now.Trust me it is just as hard further out from surgery.Im back at Slimming World at nearly 8 months and have started to put the pounds on again,something I swore would never happen again.

Have you any idea why this has happened? Guessing you don't dump. You must be really fed up after going through the op & it not completely resolving things for you. I think by the time we get our op most of us realise it is not going to be easy & that we will need to work just as hard to make it work for us. I am just a week post op & so no idea whether I dump or not but am going to try my best not to find out, lol. Good luck with Slimming World x :)

The problem is Denise, some WLS patients never dump. I have never and I am unfortunate in that my surgery never left me feeling any different. I can eat and drink anything and in quantities equal to non WLS people. The only thing that ever happens is if I eat or drink too quickly and I will get a pain that is most uncomfortable and a foam is produced (sorry) and sometimes a little food comes back up, this is rare though.

Its a shame that a WL op couldn't have been invented that physically made it impossible to over eat.!! The problem is the "Head Hunger" that everyone talks about is the most powerful feeling that made us all fat in the first place but that feeling never goes for so many and life is still a struggle following the surgery. I hate to sound so negative but I honestly believe that I am not alone.
Suzanne
x

The problem is Denise, some WLS patients never dump. I have never and I am unfortunate in that my surgery never left me feeling any different. I can eat and drink anything and in quantities equal to non WLS people. The only thing that ever happens is if I eat or drink too quickly and I will get a pain that is most uncomfortable and a foam is produced (sorry) and sometimes a little food comes back up, this is rare though.

Its a shame that a WL op couldn't have been invented that physically made it impossible to over eat.!! The problem is the "Head Hunger" that everyone talks about is the most powerful feeling that made us all fat in the first place but that feeling never goes for so many and life is still a struggle following the surgery. I hate to sound so negative but I honestly believe that I am not alone.
Suzanne
x

Thank you for sharing this. I am amazed and feel for you at this being the case for you.

This thread has really given me food for thought, as I am trying so hard to work on my head hunger.
Not sure what the answer is to ensuring that people have a real mindset change. Its too complex for there really to be one, as we are all so individual x

Thank you for sharing this. I am amazed and feel for you at this being the case for you.

This thread has really given me food for thought, as I am trying so hard to work on my head hunger.
Not sure what the answer is to ensuring that people have a real mindset change. Its too complex for there really to be one, as we are all so individual x

I don't know if its worth considering but I am going to give Hypnotherapy a try. Lets face it, it doesn't matter where the hunger is felt - whether it be in your tummy or in your head, the end result of hunger is to eat.

Best of luck to you.
x

Funny you should say that :) I have just started using my hypnotherapy mp3s again. They do help in keeping my frame of mind right and focusing on the goal. Also in making me not need massive amounts of food to get by. One also makes me see fat food as the yellow fat in my stomach lol....Sounds gross, but is surprisingly effective :)

Back