• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dr Ammouri...which company???

baby jayne

Hi
I have been reading lots over the last few weeks about Surgeons, Company's, costs etc and found that a lot of Surgeons work for different company's...do any of you know if Dr Ammouri works for anyone other than Surgicare and if so what are his costs etc?
I would prefer to go with someone reputable who does band fills under X ray if anyone has recommendations, like a lot of people I am prepared to travel.

This site is excellent, thank you all so much for inspiration

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi
I have been reading lots over the last few weeks about Surgeons, Company's, costs etc and found that a lot of Surgeons work for different company's...do any of you know if Dr Ammouri works for anyone other than Surgicare and if so what are his costs etc?
I would prefer to go with someone reputable who does band fills under X ray if anyone has recommendations, like a lot of people I am prepared to travel.

Hi Jayne

I had Dr Ammori and went through Healthier Weight who organised everything for me, you could try contacting him directly but i dont know if he has a private practice or not.

Personally i'd have no problem recommeding him to you for your op as he was brilliant for me.

I went privately through Healthier Weight back in August and my procedure which cost 10.5k - for that i get a 2 year aftercare package, the op, BMI hospital costs, consultations, access to 24/7 support, dietician on hand when i need him, the pre op diet food (which takes the hassle out of deciding what you can and cant have) and all the literature and information i needed !

Good luck with your choice !

Thanks Silver Surfer

Did you have a G/Band as that price seems high?

I have spoken to healthier weight also and they where good, do they do band fills under x ray?

Thanks Silver Surfer

Did you have a G/Band as that price seems high?

I have spoken to healthier weight also and they where good, do they do band fills under x ray?

I had a bypass with Healthier weight, they do bands as well, and not sure how they do fills as i didn't get that far with my research into banding. Frome memory i believe a band was 7.5k and the package included an amount of fills post op and an aftercare package.

I went for healthier weight as i preffered the way they sold to me, they gave me the fact and information and then let me make my own mind up, the other organisations i contacted really tried to sell their procedures, i still get calls from two of them now 5 months on ! I also got on with Dr Ashton and liked the look of their sugical team, making me feel comfortable going with them.

Hope this helps a bit with your search

Hi

Hi
I went with Surgicare and had Mr Ammori. I had a free consultation with them and I was 'sure' I wanted to have the band not bypass. However on listening to Mr A present the facts and statistics I actually changed my mind. He didn't try to 'sell' one procedure over another, and nor did surgicare, they both just presented the facts and stats for each procedure.

My costs were similar to the other post on here. It does seem a lot more than a band but when you think about extra fills you may need with the band, which may not be included in the pacakage, it wasn't much different. Also, for the bypass op I was only in one night and feel fab so the op was no different for me.

Another weird thing which swayed me was actually seeing and handling a band! I just didn't like the thought of having something so intrusive inside me forever and the bypass seemed a more natural procedure for me.

Hope this helps!

Hi
I also went through "Healthier Weight" and had Mr Ammori do my gastric bypass. They were great, and Dr Ashton is very passionate about weight loss surgery. Would definately recommend them.

Hi,
I had Dr Ammori thru surgicare. He presented the facts to me and recommended a bypass after I told him of my eating habits. He then sat there while i told him why I wanted a band and not bypass and said "Its your body and your choice, I would never try to influence you. If you want a band, a band I will fit for you. Everyone has different weight losses and Im not saying you cant loose 8 stone with a band, you would just have to work quite hard at it. Im sure you have the determination to carry it off tho".

He is the most supportive man Ive ever met. Only good things I can think of to say about him and surgicare. They were the best Ive ever experienced.

I hope you find the right provider for you and all the best with your wls journey. Take care R x

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but wanted to get in touch with others who have had the band.

Baby Jayne- Hope you don't mind me asking but why did you want to find a different company than surgicare which uses Mr Ammori? Do you think Surgicare aren't very reputable?

My experience has been so positive. I went with Surgicare and I have to say there is not a bad word I could say about them. I would definately recommend them. Mr Ammori fitted my band for me in April 08 and since then I have lost 4 1/2 stones! I speak to the dietitian regularly and have her direct number to call her if I have any questions. There is also a 24 hr helpline number in case you have a problem out of office hours. I have never had to use it though! They provide 2 years aftercare so I still have a year and a bit left. I will miss my contact with them after actually.lol I think they are the only company to offer 2 years actually. My dietitian recently told me they have started doing annnual check ups for life as well which I'm really pleased about.

They do their fills under x-ray and each time I have a fill they give me a barium meal to check if the restriction is correct after the fluid is injected. They can somehow see from the colour of the barium on the x-ray whether there is adequate restriction or too much! Clever hey.

Good Luck to all the new banders and bypassers!
J x :)

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but wanted to get in touch with others who have had the band.

Baby Jayne- Hope you don't mind me asking but why did you want to find a different company than surgicare which uses Mr Ammori? Do you think Surgicare aren't very reputable?

My experience has been so positive. I went with Surgicare and I have to say there is not a bad word I could say about them. I would definately recommend them. Mr Ammori fitted my band for me in April 08 and since then I have lost 4 1/2 stones! I speak to the dietitian regularly and have her direct number to call her if I have any questions. There is also a 24 hr helpline number in case you have a problem out of office hours. I have never had to use it though! They provide 2 years aftercare so I still have a year and a bit left. I will miss my contact with them after actually.lol I think they are the only company to offer 2 years actually. My dietitian recently told me they have started doing annnual check ups for life as well which I'm really pleased about.

They do their fills under x-ray and each time I have a fill they give me a barium meal to check if the restriction is correct after the fluid is injected. They can somehow see from the colour of the barium on the x-ray whether there is adequate restriction or too much! Clever hey.

I agree with evrything you say about Surgicare. Altho only recently had surgery they have been fab. My dietician emails me all the time to make sure I'm ok!

Hi, I just phoned Mr Ammori's secretary direct, her name is Louisa Desborough and she is absolutely fab, she's been my guardian angel through this

[email protected] or 01613432168

hope this helps x x x

I agree. Ive had very positive dealings with surgicare and their team of helpful workers so far. Mr Ammori was fantastic. I cannot praise them enough. They are great x

Hi All

I have no probs with Surgicare I am merely just shopping around company's with the surgeon of my choice.
I have through research found that I can get exactly the same deal as Surgicare for £7000 with another company (Mr Ammouri is the surgeon) the surgeons don't necessarily work for 1 company alone. You see there is a method in my mad questioning, I meen madness!:8855:

But I have spoken with surgicare and had I not have found a better deal for EXACTLY the same package I would definatly be booking with them.

Well done you guys on your fab weightlosses.

Back