• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dr Delimma!

purplefluffything

Hi,
I had a call from my GP today saying that he is not sure who to contact for referal for Gastric banding as I don't come under the 'normal' critera that banding usually requires, he was going to refer me due to my mobility disabilites and all the stuff the goes with it.

I see my GP nearly 3 weeks ago and aksed him to find all this out and perhaps refer me; I was meant to be seeing him this wednesday (he has had an holiday inbetween in his favour) but today he phoned to cancel my appt for wed because he has not found out any info yet!
Has anyone got anything to help me with so I can pass on to my GP just to help get my toe in the door please..
Regards x

Ddint want to read and run babe but dont know how to help as I'm self funding Im sure some-one will be along soon who can help xx

Think he just writes to the PCT they are the ones that say yes or no and your GP can put in reasons why he is supporting this. Hope this helps chick..xx

Hi Wanda,
Thanks replying and not running :)
I have complecations after having my back fused and this failed leaving me in chronic pain, I now have a morphine pump implant in my stomache (Implanted in a pocket in my tum) I also take extra oral pain killers which I think might be a complcation of having a gastric band. I have to go to the pain every 3 weeks to have refills and this is for life.

If The NHS cannot help me, My Husband said we will also try to fund ourselfs.
I would love to hear from you on how you have gone about it and who you have gone with to have your band? thats if you don't mind.

Thanks x

will send you a freind request and then we can chat more fully there if you like?

Back