• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

you don't do it like that !

pandora

finding my way again !
I have just been to see my GP as he had asked to see me to fill in forms. He had sent of a referal on the day I saw him & the pct had replied that was not how you did it. I assume he hasn't made a referal like this before. So all questions answered , but they do make you feel you havnt done enough don't they ? (The form not the GP )
So here begins another wait !!

I didn't have to fill forms in, my doc just referred me

from me phone :D

hiya hunny i like caron never had to fill in the forms my dietition done them for me. x x x

I havnt seen a dietitian , but I could name nearly all the for plans available that I had been on , just not so gd at exersize :$

When my referred me there were no forms was aware of, I am at SRH but maybe different hopspitals...

He's very supportive I just think its new to him , so I wait for the next step

I have just been to see my GP as he had asked to see me to fill in forms. He had sent of a referal on the day I saw him & the pct had replied that was not how you did it. I assume he hasn't made a referal like this before.

Hi Pandora,

You seem to be going thru a very similar journey to the one I started in January of this year:

1. I felt the need to keep my BMI above 50 before first consultant with a surgeon (which was not until September) -- although I have been told technically the hospital will *always* take the weight and BMI that your GP initially referred you as, as being your start weight.

2. My GP also made a complete hash of the application forms for funding. I ended up having to make all the phone calls to the PCT, get the info from them and then relay it back to my GP and his secretary.

For some GPs we are unfortunately their *first* patient to go thru the gastric bypass funding system, and they don't always know what the procedure is.

(Even tho my PCT told me several times on the phone, "Your GP should know all this, we wrote to them with the new procedures when the PCTs merged ..... blah blah blah").

At least its on its way now yayyyyyyyy!!!
My gp told me not to bother as others had failed rang PCT the next year and they sent the forms for him to fill in but i also did a full break down of my weight journey in a 3 page letter which was sent with the form, had funding in 2 weeks !!!! I took great pleasure today telling the gp i had the funding and then hit him for exercise referal :D

At least its on its way now yayyyyyyyy!!!
My gp told me not to bother as others had failed rang PCT the next year and they sent the forms for him to fill in but i also did a full break down of my weight journey in a 3 page letter which was sent with the form, had funding in 2 weeks !!!! I took great pleasure today telling the gp i had the funding and then hit him for exercise referal :D

Hi Dawn, can you tell me what an exercise referral is? xx :)

I didn't have to fill any forms in either, but am not surprised the Doctor wanted you there if it was his first time & he had already done it wrong once. 2 heads & all that. He is only human after all. Good luck, sweetie, you are on your way now, mwah xx :):)

Most GP's can refer you to your local gym for discounted payments for 12 weeks

Well let's hope so , I meet criteria . Just a shame I don't know the consultant , have a word in his shell like lol

Got it all crossed for you and John sends his love xxx

Thanks hunni , must do coffee again soon , or see you nxt week at the meeting xxxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Hi Dawn, can you tell me what an exercise referral is? xx :)

Denise,

Sometimes it's called exercise on prescription.

Your GP refers you to a local leisure centre or gym wherr you get discounted entrance fees, assessment and formulation of exercise programme by a specially trained advisor and follow-up assessment after 12 weeks.

Some councils run the programmes others it's the PCT. GP should have all details,

Tatiana

Back