• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dr New & Dr Ammouri

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
WOOHOO I have an appointment letter from Dr New & Mr Ammouri's clinic. These no date I have to phone up to make an appointment but how great is that 3 weeks after my 6 monthe weight management ended Hopefully it will all go through ok and I will be the proud owner of a band soon.
Does Dr New OR Dr Ammouri do the ops ?
xxx
Helen

news_17083.gif

Great news !! congrats x

Ay -Mr Ammori did me too! he is v v v good! x

I had my bypass at Salford Royal, I have received care from both Dr. New & Dr. Ammori. Dr. New is the consultant, the gatekeeper if you will. You see him first and then he sends you on to the surgeon. Dr. Ammori is the surgeon and he is FANTASTIC! Check him out here: Welcome to the Home Page Of Basil Ammori, Consultant General Surgeon at Manchester Royal Infirmary.
Dr. Ammori is almost as charming as he is a talented surgeon and that is saying alot.

Dr. New sees you pre-op & then he takes care of your post-op check-ups. He is lovely, friendly man who really cares about his patients.

Best of luck hun, you have a great team!

Nic:D

basil ammori is the greatest u will be in the bestest safest hands with him..i love him and i told him so!!!! he! he! that man changed my life..good luck xx

well i am gutted i phoned this morning first thing to get my appointment and guess what
NO appoitments available
they will phone me when there is one as they are taking on another consultant and will have more appointments !

I am gutted this waiting game is awful
xxx

they said July but I think she meant for the phone call not for the appointment just really gutted
for some stupid reason i thought it would be next week !!!

Hi Fatbutnot4eva, I was going to write congratulations on getting your letter but now it seems you have had to slow down a little. Hopefully they will get someone in soon and you will get your op fingers and toes crossed for you. ((hugs)) to cheer you up. Take care.

they said July but I think she meant for the phone call not for the appointment just really gutted
for some stupid reason i thought it would be next week !!!

If you get offered another surgeon quicker, turn it down and wait for Mr Ammori, i'd personally wait 6 months for an op with him than settle for someone else knowing what i know of Mr Ammori now !

Hi
I didnt know I would have a choice as I am NHS I am not paying myself.
I just spoke to them again as my letter says if an appointment isnt made in 2 weeks they will poresume you want removing from teh waiting list.
They said they are just wating for an appointment with Dr New and that it will be around 6 more weeks. So far I have only been waiting just over 12 months which isnt really that much in the grand scale. I am finding losing weight at the moment really hard and dont want to put on the weight I have lost when I go to see Dr New or Mr Ammori.
Think I better just shake myself and try harder. I dont think holidays etc.. have helped.
Thanks guys feel much better I am lucky to have these people on my doorstep, I am only around 7 -9 miles from Salford Royal.
Thanks
xxx

LOL SS ok you win.Hope your journey back was ok that bit worries me slightly. Eva good luck i'm sure all will be well x

I went there and back by train, coming back it was a cab from the Alexandra into Manchester, then a train to London, a cab across London and then another local train back to my parents, pick up the car and an hours drive back home from there, it was a long day and i was tired out by the time i got there, but to be honest i was running on adrenalin and other than a little discomfort i really had no pain at all.

You should be fine, just make sure you have someone with you to carry the bags and organise tickets etc, and take the journey as easy as you can, top tip if you go by train is to upgrade on the train to first class, its a bit more comfortable and you get a bit more space, if you upgrade on the train when you get on its cheaper than booking it ahead of time, travel during the day and you'll have no problems.

I told Mr Ammori we had a distance to travel and god bless the man he made his call to check me first in the morning and signed me out, he even made sure the nurse had my drugs goody bag ready to go, he's really that good.

Back