• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dr New Manchester??????

Gail-michelle

likes to post
Hi all I would just like some Info please on Mr New @ the Hope hospital Manchester. My daughters friend has had an appointment on sat , but came back saying he himself (Mr New) is doing her surgery in January???? Is this correct, as I thought he is a consultant and not a surgeon. Oh well perhaps Ime wrong. Also he has given her a date without applying for funding??? her weight is 14.5 stone going for a bypass 5feet 1" tall. I cant imagine why he has told her this info can anyone enlighten me please. Kind regards Gailxx

john new is lovely but hes the endocrainologist. think yr friend my be a bit muddled was it the one stop she went to where she saw the dietitian, surgoen etc cause until she has she wont get a date. wonder if its that appointment he has given her a date for

I saw Dr New at Salford before I could be transferred to the surgical waiting list. I think your friend might be confused you tend to see Dr New for Medical side and if he cant help he puts you on surgical list to see Mr Ammori.

Thank you all for answering, I thought he wasnt a surgeon myself. I also thought that you had to have your funding in place before you get your op date? this was her very 1st appointment and to be honest I have never known such a lot of dates been processed in such a short session. It was only her refferal via the G.P Gail

gail could it be that she either did or was trying to do 1 of 2 things
1, thought she heard what she wanted to hear and is probably going to be very disapointed when she realises the truth.
2 maybe isnt as good a friend as yr daughter thinks she is and is saying this to wind her up knowing that yr daughter has been refused.
whatever her reason or understanding there is a very set process at salfor now and what you are describing doesnt fir in with what i know.

Hth and tell nic to take it with a pinch od salt.

Maybe the date is to see the surgeon for a consultation and she assumed it was for the surgery? I didnt have a sleep apnea test or a psych evaluation either though

x

This was my experience at the One-Stop clinic at Salford

Hope this helps Gail. x

At my appointment at the hospital (Aug 20th) it started with a nurse taking my weight and bloodpressure then back to the waiting room. I was suprised on how many people were there, all wanting surgery!! Next, we were taken into see a quick slide show / talk about the procedure and what to expect during and after surgery. A dietician came in and went through what we would be eating post surgery, starting with Liquids only - pureed foods - fork mashed to solids, back to waiting room... :confused:
I was eventually called into see one of the consultants, who asked me a few questions (either Dr New or Dr Syed, i saw Syed) - what medication i was regulary taking, general health, which type of Gastric Surgery i had in mind? Back to waiting room!!

On the appointment letter, i had been warned the appointment could take upto 3hrs, my appointment time was 2pm, at this point it was already 5pm. There i was, the last one in the waiting area, all on my lonesome, but it was all worth it - think i would of been happy staying there all night - knowing it was all leading up to me getting slim!! ;)
I was called in to see the Surgeon finally, Mr Ammouri (Dr Love) lol.
He gave me 2 booklets, 1 was about the surgery and the other was the post diet. He also asked which procedure i preferred and the reasons why i had chosen it. I explained i wanted the bypass because i had a sweet tooth, and that i had been told that you can cheat with the band, as things like chocolate can easily slip through into the bottom half of the stomach. He agreed the bypass was a better choice for me as i'd had Gestational Diabeties with both of my pregnancies, and that the bypass would almost confirm that it would stop me developing diabeties later in life. He had told me i would have to have a Sleep Apnia study before the surgery, but he didn't see any problems coming back from it. I had blood taken and then was free to go home,

Back