• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dressing gown!

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Ok so it's a bit of a boring question but do I need a dressing gown when I go into hospital? Don't have one and don't really want to be spending any money buying marquee size clothing when hopefully I'll be down to a mere tent size soon... :rolleyes:

Cuppa xx

Why don't you get a nice big cuddly guys one and give it to your OH when you are too little for it?

Hiya,

I took one and didnt even get chance to wear it at all. I suppose it depends how long they're thinking of keeping you in for.

xxx

I didn't take one and wouldn't have needed it. My room was boiling for a start but I took a hoody and a cardi with me just in case.

I don't think it's something to spend a lot of money on but if you find a nice one that's a bargain (teen is right - primark do have some nice ones atm) then treat yourself!

Hope that helps?

ive got one to walk to theatre in wouldnt want to scare anyone xx

if you aint going outside then you dont really need one as hospitals r usually nice and warm.

Ok so it's a bit of a boring question but do I need a dressing gown when I go into hospital? Don't have one and don't really want to be spending any money buying marquee size clothing when hopefully I'll be down to a mere tent size soon... :rolleyes:

Cuppa xx

I'm in the same boat as you.

I was in hosptial just over a week ago just for the day (had an abscess drained). It is the same place I'll be going to, to prepare for my bypass. The surgical gown just fitted and I had to ask for another one to use as a dressing gown.

Gosh and them paper knickers are a joke, I think they are one size (blooming small) nearly cut off my blood supply lol. I had to ask for a bigger pair, they reminded me of Fish Net Tights lol.

I want a long dressing gown, don't want to flash me bum on the way to threatre lol.

Thanks everyone for your replies, the jury is still out on whether I should get one or not! Mandyl that's what I was thinking about, walking to the theatre, I don't fancy showing anything off to any poor souls passing by. :eek:

Pinkybuttonz I like your idea of using two gowns, one back to front...

Hmmmm perhaps a long rain mac would do the job, at least then I've got all angles covered if I decide to leg it at the last minute!!! :winter_brr:

Cuppa xx ;)

I took mine in with me and as it had to be big enough to wrap around my ample (For ample read chuffin ginormous :D) frame it weighed a ton.

Schlepped it up to the ward and hung it on a hanger and there it stayed. Never wore it.

I took one and didnt wear it - used a cardi instead! :D xx

Thank you again for your replies, it sounds like I can get away without buying one yippeeee! :D

Cuppa xx

I deffo needed one for the walk to theatre, and the walk down for the yukky barium meal:DWouldn't have wanted to scare the natives, plus you'll prob need it to keep warm in this weather:eek:

Back