• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here I go again!

Eve30

Ok second time lucky? On way to hospital Now an apparently I should be first as they cancelled me last time. Feeling less nervous bec it's pushed a week so now just want it done and not thinking about anything but my goal! Although when I'm changing into hospital gown and paper knickers I may be freaking out! They shoul have a group of post oppers to walk us into the theatre!!

Well lovely you'll be having a lovely sleep and Ill be going to work its a no brainer, I'v been uphalf the night can't sleep n bit of sporadic coughing, so knock couple zzzzz out for me ta xx Go for it xx

Best wishes for today, Eve :)

Ok second time lucky? On way to hospital Now an apparently I should be first as they cancelled me last time. Feeling less nervous bec it's pushed a week so now just want it done and not thinking about anything but my goal! Although when I'm changing into hospital gown and paper knickers I may be freaking out! They shoul have a group of post oppers to walk us into the theatre!!

Good luck Eve, will be thinking of you xxx

Good luck Eve, will be thinking of you xxx

good luck
hope all goes well

kay xx

Hi-op went well but my mouth is so dry even though I'm using the spray! Also in agony where drain is in very sore

Ask for some ice cubes to suck on. That was only way I rehydrated my mouth.

glad its gone well xxx

Glad it went well Eve, don't panic the pain will subside soon and you'll soon be feeling much better. Take care of yourself xx

I'm still in so much pain the meds not working- and can it be that I feel starving?! But can't manage much watwe

I'm still in so much pain the meds not working- and can it be that I feel starving?! But can't manage much watwe

I know the first few days are very painful and almost nothing (all the pain meds in the world) barely takes the edge off it ...... but within 3 days and then 7 days it will start to subside.

As for the feeling starving hungry:

1. prior to your op you did not eat for hours, nor during your surgery so you have not eaten "properly" or "normally" for a long time and your brain is aware of this

2. your body is still producing ghrelin (the hunger hormone) and will have high levels still swirling around that may have been produced by your big stomach before it got chopped out ...... I noticed that I did still get (small) hunger pangs during the first 4 or 5 months ..... in fact the hunger has reduced the *longer* I am post op -- my body is now producing less and less ghrelin (I think) the longer I am post op

3. the surgery itself causes massive inflammation inside the stomach and sometimes inflammation and/or heartburn can feel very similar to hunger

Either way -- whatever the cause of your hunger:

-- ask the nurses for one small glass of MILK about every 4 hours if possible, that should go some way to settle your stomach and tell your brain you *have* consumed *something*

Thank you for the advice Sharon! I got home Friday and every day so much better but just so surprised as didn't expect to feel so sore- my hub has to help me out of bed! Managed some clear soup and dilute squash today so hopefully I'm on the way to recovery!

Back