• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Underwear for Band fills

claire36uk

I have recieved my appointment in the post for my band fill 24th November, it states that i might be required to wear a hospital gown or to take in my own dressing gown if i want too. Are you allowed to keep your underwear on whilst having this procedure? Dont really want to be standing there in the buff when having it done lol. Not looking forward to the procedure one little bit but when you dont really know what to expect it is a bit daunting, hopefully will only need to have the 1 done and that be it for me as spoke to dietician and he says some people only need the 1 to get to that sweet spot, i hope i am one of them :) X

i dont have xray fills so have never had to strip off for one but wish u the best of luck took me 4 fills to get sweet spot and another to maintain it but here's hoping your lucky xx

Claire sometimes you have to take your underwear off, usually in theatre rather than xray. This is because of static that the fabric may generate ( i hear you saying 'huhu electric knickers eh' lol).

You will need to probably wear their hospital gown (mst people do) for xray but I know they told me when I went in for my op that in order to protect my dignity to take a dressing gown to wear to cover my back/butt etc. They only told me to remove it when I was getting onto the op table.

If you are having a fill, you will likely be 'topless' during the procedure ide have thought so maybe some cotton pj bottoms may be more appropriate for you to take. make sure they dont have any nylon or man made fibres, that way at least half of you will remain covered. Unless of course you are being knocked out for the procedure in which case bottoms are also a no no incase they need to cathatarise you or anything.

I am sure someone who has a band and has had their fills will be along soon to clarify this for you

Good luck Xx

hi when i had my xray fill i kept my trousers and knickers on and just had to take my bra and top off and put a gown on the top im guessing all hospitals are different!!x

Hi Claire

I have never had an xray fill mine have always been lay down pull yer top up sharp scratch - done!

I have had 4 fills so far but was fine with my first for ages. Im sure you know by now we are all different.

Maz x

My surgeon just tucked my top into my bra and put fill needle in and then asked me to walk in front of the flouroscope.

No undressing at all....

Now have all fills done standing in his office, just with top lifted.

When i had my xray fill was told to remove my bra if it had underwire,then just lifted my teeshirt 2nd fill just lifted teeshirt and was all over in a few seconds!

Hiya
pretty much the same as buglady. Had my last fill done under xray, and had to remove my bra and top, but could keep the bottom half on. I then had to put a hosptial gown to cover the top, and also wore my own dressing gown. They taped the hospital gown up when I laid on the table. The table moved and the machine moved and in one incident the bed tilted to the point I was basically standing on the foot board of the bed, but still on the bed, if that makes sense. It does hurt at all, the only nasty is the time they make you drink "neat barium", which is pretty disgusting. Well worth the end result though.
MNL:p

barium drink

Hiya
pretty much the same as buglady. Had my last fill done under xray, and had to remove my bra and top, but could keep the bottom half on. I then had to put a hosptial gown to cover the top, and also wore my own dressing gown. They taped the hospital gown up when I laid on the table. The table moved and the machine moved and in one incident the bed tilted to the point I was basically standing on the foot board of the bed, but still on the bed, if that makes sense. It does hurt at all, the only nasty is the time they make you drink "neat barium", which is pretty disgusting. Well worth the end result though.
MNL:p
hi i diddnt find the drink too bad he said it was a bit like cherry coke and in a strange think milky way it was lol!!

Hi
I have had 4 fills but none under x ray - It really is just a little scratch - A lot easier than giving a blood sample for example - I didnt evan feel the needle coming out - You'll be fine

Cheers James

Back