• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

drinking and eating at the same time?

trayj99

I read that you cannot drink and eat at the same time is that correct, cause i drink loads when i eat due to my reflux, i find food gets 'stuck'

it is for bypassers, dont know about other surgeries

Yep same for sleevers. 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after food for the drink. If you do drink and eat at the same time you can stretch your new stomach and/or make yourself sick

Yep same for sleevers. 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after food for the drink. If you do drink and eat at the same time you can stretch your new stomach and/or make yourself sick

Thanks for that - I often wondered what the reason was.

Plus , because it goes through quickly you don't feel satisfied for long and so will eat more- or so my WLS for Dummies book tells me

this has been a struggle for me too ... and i was a gulper ... so i keep an egg timer with me , otherwise i think i would sub consciously just drink .

I was thinking today about buying an egg timer, my husband found it very funny! Now I know someone else is doing it I won't feel silly. Thank you :-D

I was thinking today about buying an egg timer, my husband found it very funny! Now I know someone else is doing it I won't feel silly. Thank you :-D

could you please explain how you would use it (and not timing eggs:8855:) x

Neeta,

I'm guessing it's so katemal can time the 30 minutes before eating and the 30 minutes after so she doesn't drink during that time.

I think this will be the hardest thing for me as I've always got a drink on the go!

Neeta,

I'm guessing it's so katemal can time the 30 minutes before eating and the 30 minutes after so she doesn't drink during that time.

I think this will be the hardest thing for me as I've always got a drink on the go!

Oh, thanks, I'm with it now. Yes me too, I love a drink with my meals or straight away after I have finished eating. I am sure that it will be hard for all of us to retrain ourselves. x

Thanks Tatiana, Yes Neeta, exactly what Tatiana said!

Can you swish your mouth out with water maybe? I've not had surgery (yet) but I can't imagine not at least being able to wet my mouth while I eat or refresh it or something haha

But an egg timer is only for 3 minutes that means that you'll have to remember to turn it over 10 times. I'd forget how many times I'd done it and mess up. Why not just set the alarm on your mobile or something. lol

What about one of the timers that you can set - either analogue or digital? Even the one on your cooker would do or, if nothing else, put a bowl of water and some lemon wedges in the microwave and give it a good steam!

Tatiana

Back