• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

driving

audra

hi all had my bypass 8 days ago and was wondering when could i drive i have no pain ive no problems eating and i feel fit as a fiddle .. thanx in advance x

Hello, glad your recovering well, from personnel experiance i was driving after 3 weeks although i did have to get a signed letter from my g.p to inform the insurance company that i was fit to drive as if you have an accident your insurance might be invalid after major surgery, i'm with M&S and they were happy with the letter and i resumed driving, i would check your documents but also get a letter just to cover you. also if your a manual driver, dipping that clutch really pulls and puts pressure on your abdomen so please take it easy, short journeys etc. i wish you all the best xxx

I was told I had to make sure that if I needed to do an emergency stop, I wouldn't end up injuring myself more. I gave it 3 weeks. Check with your insurance company. They will tell you what they will cover you for in case of an accident. :) xx

Check with your insurer they're the ones that matter here

I was told I had to make sure that if I needed to do an emergency stop, I wouldn't end up injuring myself more. I gave it 3 weeks. Check with your insurance company. They will tell you what they will cover you for in case of an accident. :) xx

My team said the same about the emergency stop - there's a possibility of pulling/tearing and ouchiness and an accident under those conditions will invalidate your insurance. I was overly cautious and left it a couple of months.

I was driving after 2 weeks. My cons said so long as I could so emergency stop was fine to drive. Mine also said I could lift straight away as it was laposcopic and not cut through muscle. She went mad as when I was being discharged tge nurse contradicted her saying six weeks to lift / she wanted to know what nurse it was lol

Back