• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

drs tonight and she said she wished id never had the surgery!

Cicca

I've known my dr since I was a young teenager. She was always against me having surgery. However when I got to 30 stone I new I really had no choice.

Tonight after my huge sucsess she said I still wished you hadn't had it!! Why? Because I have deficiencencies. I know being in malnutrition is serious but so is carrying 30 stone on a 5ft 3 frame, the trade off was worth it to me. So I'm not an easy patient and she's having to see me more frequently, oh well shame. I never have been easy!! That's life. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Andy1968

Cicca

Loads, mainly anemic, calcium, zinc, vit D. Vit A most recently and I had mild night blindness, but caught it in time and it's okay now.

I think my reserves got really low and I'm building them up slowly, I know if I perserver I'll be fine. I eat fine and have a varied diet, stick to little and often. Eat fruit and veg, I don't go to the loo loads or anything but my body has struggled to absorbe the stuff it needs, so I'm having to supplement a lot.

A trade off as I say, still the best thing I've ever done.

Andy1968

Loads, mainly anemic, calcium, zinc, vit D. Vit A most recently and I had mild night blindness, but caught it in time and it's okay now.

I think my reserves got really low and I'm building them up slowly, I know if I perserver I'll be fine. I eat fine and have a varied diet, stick to little and often. Eat fruit and veg, I don't go to the loo loads or anything but my body has struggled to absorbe the stuff it needs, so I'm having to supplement a lot.

A trade off as I say, still the best thing I've ever done.

Couldn't agree more...A massive cogratulations on your weight loss...It's amazing:)

Take Care

Andy x

lyndajoan

wow you look fantastic, i know you said your doctor has known you for years maybee it is time for a fresh look on your health from another doctor. so this doc saying she whished you had never had surgery, what would she reather be dealing with some one who by now would be over 30 stone, proberbly had a heart attack, maybe needs carers comeing in every day to move you cos you are stuck in your bed, wash you change you clothes, i dont think so.

you have come a really really long way i bet that night blindness was scarey stuff glad you are over it. and as you said little and often, and maybe a little movicol to help you go the loo does the trick for me.

good luck and carnt some doctors be a little thoughtless some times. but you are not on your own there i have had to see more doctors than most and have got a lot of health problems due to neglect on their behalf, i have had to change doctors for the umteenth time and now i have found an understanding one, waiting for surgery and if i look half as good as you do on your avitar i will be one happy girly. once again a very big well done.

Cicca

lyndajoan said:
wow you look fantastic, i know you said your doctor has known you for years maybee it is time for a fresh look on your health from another doctor. so this doc saying she whished you had never had surgery, what would she reather be dealing with some one who by now would be over 30 stone, proberbly had a heart attack, maybe needs carers comeing in every day to move you cos you are stuck in your bed, wash you change you clothes, i dont think so.

you have come a really really long way i bet that night blindness was scarey stuff glad you are over it. and as you said little and often, and maybe a little movicol to help you go the loo does the trick for me.

good luck and carnt some doctors be a little thoughtless some times. but you are not on your own there i have had to see more doctors than most and have got a lot of health problems due to neglect on their behalf, i have had to change doctors for the umteenth time and now i have found an understanding one, waiting for surgery and if i look half as good as you do on your avitar i will be one happy girly. once again a very big well done.

Thank you!

No 2's! It's not excessive was what I was getting at!;-) I know that constant trips to the loo can mean you've eaten high fats and so your body doesn't get time to absorbe what it needs. Essentially I think I'm doing all I can - just need to get the right supplements.

My Dr is old school, she still thinks that just diet alone can cure all obesity! Some people need help like I did!!

cu16

If I look as good as you and others who have been through the experience I will be happy and I am sure you are happy every time you look in the mirror well done x

Snow White

You look amazing! Maybe if she had been more on the ball you wouldn't have deficiencies...Never let anyone put you down for your awesome success no matter how long you have known them or how many letters they have after their name.

mariew

I think you look gorgeous, surely you are not less healthy than you were at 30 stone?
I think if it were me I'd change Doctors.

Yvessa

I think many doctors don't really 'get' how obese patients feel and struggle. What about all the health problems that have gone, are they not a good thing? You've done fantastically hun, and like you I would accept deficiences as a trade off for being 30 stone. I felt like I was just waiting to die at that weight. Your 'health professional' needs to become more professional!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
I changed doctors twice because of attitudes about weight. One doctor even tried to put me on an extreme fad diet from USA which i was subsequently told by my new doc could have been very dangerous!! The thing is, GPs need to remember - they aren't being paid for their bloody personal opinions, they are being paid to administer healthcare according to their training and NICE guidelines! Too many GPs have egos the size of planets, are way too opinionated for their own good, and think they can make up the rules themselves. Definitely time you moved to a more professional doctor, I'd say! You've done so well, find a GP who appreciates that! Good luck x

Yvessa

Mine does have an ego admittedly, but he fully supports wls so his ego came in handy as he appealed and everything for me ;)

angiemason

How are you doing now Cicca i just realised that post was a while ago, i really think the op is best thing i ever did but am getting a bit worried about all the deficiencies too seem to be having more blood tests than ever and always the same results :( trying to have grilled black pudding to see if i can get my iron up a bit xx take care

OOnion

I'm not a GP but I am a NP and have a lot of diabetic patients that I see regularly and have got to know some of them pretty well - the problem is when you really care about some of them it's very hard not to give your opinion, especially if they have not liked the official ones (from NICE etc) ...for a lot of the patients your opinion does become the one that matters...yes we can use our skills learnt during training and we have NICE as guidelines, but sometimes all your patient wants to hear is your own opinion - which you base on the fact that you know them!

I know that I also have done that with Mr Patel - I know what the research says, what NICE et say...but I just want to know what he thinks as I value his opinion and I trust him 100%... so in slight defence of my colleagues - that may be why we sometimes give our opinions...because we care and feel we can be honest with our patients.
xx