• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

drs tonight and she said she wished id never had the surgery!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
Just like the GP that once told me my arse was enormous and i should be disgusted with myself for being so lazy. Like the doctor in A&E who said to his colleagues "f*** me, look at the size of her" after I was brought in by ambulance with a head injury! Oh then there was another GP who told me to ignore what dieticians said as they are all 20 years behind the rest of the NHS, and she refused to refer me to a dietician, or send me for thyroid tests (which i had after I moved GPs and was found to have hypothyroidism) because the answer to all my troubles was the South Beach Diet.

They said all that out of the goodness of their hearts, for my own good, because they cared. Bless them!

OOnion

Just like the GP that once told me my arse was enormous and i should be disgusted with myself for being so lazy. Like the doctor in A&E who said to his colleagues "f*** me, look at the size of her" after I was brought in by ambulance with a head injury! Oh then there was another GP who told me to ignore what dieticians said as they are all 20 years behind the rest of the NHS, and she refused to refer me to a dietician, or send me for thyroid tests (which i had after I moved GPs and was found to have hypothyroidism) because the answer to all my troubles was the South Beach Diet.

They said all that out of the goodness of their hearts, for my own good, because they cared. Bless them!

It's so sad to here this kind of thing - some people are clearly just not very nice...for them there is clearly little hope!!
What goes around comes around remember; You may get to swank past one of them one day in your new slim healthy body and get your own back.

I do honestly believe there is more good than bad in this world and that some people are just rude and nasty perhaps? I was told a few years ago by a GP - "ohh you're like the Greek defect arn't you, just growing and growing" so I do agree some are just nasty little bigots - but they are far and few between I would like to think?
:sigh::sigh:

Cicca

angiemason said:
How are you doing now Cicca i just realised that post was a while ago, i really think the op is best thing i ever did but am getting a bit worried about all the deficiencies too seem to be having more blood tests than ever and always the same results :( trying to have grilled black pudding to see if i can get my iron up a bit xx take care

I'm doing well thank you! Going to my annual appointment soon and it'll be the 1st time in 5 years I've had a small weight gain. I'm not worried as I feel so well otherwise, all my levels are about where they should be. I don't have any weak days and am bounding with energy which tells me it's a good weight gain.

Thank you for asking.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

emma-louise

my new life!!
Yvessa said:
I think many doctors don't really 'get' how obese patients feel and struggle. What about all the health problems that have gone, are they not a good thing? You've done fantastically hun, and like you I would accept deficiences as a trade off for being 30 stone. I felt like I was just waiting to die at that weight. Your 'health professional' needs to become more professional!

Accepting vitamin deficiencies as a trade off for being overweight is something I don't agree with...sorry x
Vitamin definencies can lead to serious health problems.
I'm 2 years post op/bypass in sept and I'm currently vitamin deficient in several level,so having to take double the amount of vitamins compared to what I took just after my op.
Since the definencys my health has been affected and some days I felt better/more energy being bigger.
And now I'm anaemic too as bypassers don't absorb iron very well.
So I have to have my bloods checked for all vitamin levels regular.
It's been a bit of a shock really that these definencys have happened so soon after my bypass.
Anyone reading this..make sure you take all your vitamins!

Yvessa

Sorry if I've hit a nerve, but I am fully compliant with all meds and advice and if I have a deficiency it honestly feels like a fair trade off, not least because I'm certain I wasn't the most well nourished person beforehand.

emma-louise

my new life!!
Yvessa said:
Sorry if I've hit a nerve, but I am fully compliant with all meds and advice and if I have a deficiency it honestly feels like a fair trade off, not least because I'm certain I wasn't the most well nourished person beforehand.

If anything yvessa I just wanted to remind people to take their vitamins seriously,myself included didn't really realise how very very important it is not to miss taking them.

angiemason

i can't wait for the day i'm bounding with energy :) i think i'm a bit disappointed after losing 149lbs i really thought i'd be back to my old self before i was ever fat x ah well i'll just keep taking the pills :)

emma-louise

my new life!!
angiemason said:
i can't wait for the day i'm bounding with energy :) i think i'm a bit disappointed after losing 149lbs i really thought i'd be back to my old self before i was ever fat x ah well i'll just keep taking the pills :)

Your not on your own,even though I've lost a great deal of weight my energy levels are poor at times.

WIGLET

Well done on your weight loss. Keep going back to see her , she is maybe jealous of how good you are looking x x x