• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Duedenal switch - 7 years on.

Cicca

Hi I don't post very much, stated a new job and never really get time. However wanted to share a bit of what happened recently with regards to weight gain and loss 7 years on. In short I gained 1 stone over the last 18 months, I became complacent and wasn't too fussed. Was still a 17 stone weight loss from my heaviest. Every couple of months I still weighed myself to keep an eye on it. I hadn't increased my food intake but realised I was by passing a lot less, also stopped the protein 1st rule and was just filling up on quick fixes. I was and still am deficient in many areas. Iron, Vit A still seeing bariatric team every 6 months for help with this.

Anyway as mentioned I started a new job and over the last 7 weeks my activity levels have increased and I found myself also naturally eating less carbs because I increased my activity, I seemed to crave carbs less. I've dropped 10lbs of the stone I put on, which for me has proved that the DS will still work 7 years on. Before my surgery weight gain was weight gain and I had little hope of ever losing it. It's only a tool I know and my choices have influenced the out comes, But the DS got me going again! That's all really, just wanted to share that a weight gain isn't the end of the world. The DS or sleeve will always be there to help you take control of things. Anna x. Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Attachments

• image-549098346.jpg
    image-549098346.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 274
Looking HOT Anna :) I was wondering how you were getting on. Huge congrats on the new job :)

Cicca nice to see you again :) You look amazing hun and well done on getting back on track too. I suppose a lifetime of bad habits will always be with us to some extent and as a result we need to learn to recognise when they do start to sneak back in there so that we can take evasive action. It's great to hear from someone so far down the line & who has faced this challenge & won back control.
Thank you hun xxx

Back