• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is this dumping syndrome?

pinkprincess77

I had a small ramakin of no added sugar angel delight made with skimmed milk about 20mins ago. This is the first 'sweet' thing I've had since my op, other than protien milkshakes. I am feeling extremely sickly and generally crap. I also feel a bit head achey too and all I want to do is go to bed. That's not possible because I now have to walk a mile round trip to pick my son up from school. If it is dumping syndrome will the talk help sort things out? One thing for sure is I will not be having that again.

Sorry hun not too sure someone will be alone soon xx

It affects us all differently, but it sounds like it to me. When I've dumped on things with hidden sugar, I get sweaty, clammy and feel like crap. I also feel extremely tired and I need to sleep for a few hours.

Fat dumping gives me chronic belly ache and loose bowels (sorry if that's tmi). If I were you, I'd go sleep it off. Hope it goes away soon x

It affects us all differently, but it sounds like it to me. When I've dumped on things with hidden sugar, I get sweaty, clammy and feel like crap. I also feel extremely tired and I need to sleep for a few hours.

Fat dumping gives me chronic belly ache and loose bowels (sorry if that's tmi). If I were you, I'd go sleep it off. Hope it goes away soon x

I've just got back from picking my son up from school. I'm going to go to bed for a hour and see if I feel any better after a rest. Thanks paula x

I've just got back from picking my son up from school. I'm going to go to bed for a hour and see if I feel any better after a rest. Thanks paula x

Your welcome :) a little tip for you, try to avoid anything that has more than 10g of sugar per 100g. That seems to work for me. Also check how much of the carbs in things turn to sugar.

Your welcome :) a little tip for you, try to avoid anything that has more than 10g of sugar per 100g. That seems to work for me. Also check how much of the carbs in things turn to sugar.

To be honesy when I'm shopping I always check the carbs content ect on the labels. I think this was the only item that was a quick pick and I didn't check because I was in a rush. I've learnt the hard way lol. Thanks again x

I find too many polyols (sweetner) can make me feel a bit 'dumpy' (I've only dumped once). I can only eat 1/2 an atkins bar at a time, for this reason. So even if its a sugar free thing, it can make you feel crap. Unfortunately its trail and error, and everyone is so different. I can eat at least up to 15g sugar per 100g - I dont often go that high though. Also its worth noting that different sugars may effect you differently, for example lactose is normally tolerated much better than sucrose or fructose.

I find too many polyols (sweetner) can make me feel a bit 'dumpy' (I've only dumped once). I can only eat 1/2 an atkins bar at a time, for this reason. So even if its a sugar free thing, it can make you feel crap. Unfortunately its trail and error, and everyone is so different. I can eat at least up to 15g sugar per 100g - I dont often go that high though. Also its worth noting that different sugars may effect you differently, for example lactose is normally tolerated much better than sucrose or fructose.

It definitely is trial and error. After reading your post it as just made me think. Im lactose intolerant and that is the most milk I've had post op. It may not be dumping I'm experiencing it may be the intolerance. The tiredness may be due to the fact that i'm not sleeping well at the moment. Thanks x

Back