• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dumping

Brookes82

Is there any tips to avoid dumping. I'm a week post op and I have had dumping twice. I want to go back work but I need to get the dumping under controll. What do I need avoided? How long does it last after surgery. Will it ever go away?

Parsnip

As far as I'm aware it is something that will always be with you but can change with time. Do you think you might be eating too quickly? Are you checking the sugar/fat levels of all the food? At this stage I assume you're still on liquids mainly... What have you been having?

Brookes82

I have dumped twice so far once was a yogart that was fat free but turned out have allot of sugar in it whoops.

Secon time I dumped was I tried .Weetabix to go drink. With bad results

Been having soups and yogart. Milk coffee and milk low cal options chocolate. Just cause of the pure protein in it.
And the odd slim fast but I really don't like them.

Sarnie

Is there any tips to avoid dumping. I'm a week post op and I have had dumping twice. I want to go back work but I need to get the dumping under controll. What do I need avoided? How long does it last after surgery. Will it ever go away?
What do you class as dumping hun? What is happening?

Sarnie

Within 20 mins liquid comes out me ass. And I can't controll it
I'm not sure that's classic dumping, I thought you had a lot of other symptoms, like palpitations, nausea, sweating, but not sure, what are you eating? Are you following low fat, low sugar? Are you checking fat and sugar content in your foods? If you are really worried phone your team hun and ask their advice x

Bling Babe

Dumping takes many forms but as @Sarnie said probably unlikely to be just diarrhoea, I would suggest protein powder in your milk at least once a day “whey isolate” is the purest and best to use, back to dumping..... a food that makes you dump one day may not cause dumping on another day, it really is trial and error, as @Parsnip says, don’t drink or eat to fast, stick to the 20 20 20 rule to the letter and keep a close eye on your sugar/fat, call your team for expert advice x