• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

DUMPING

girly girl

Hi
im going for bypass in the next 6 months and am being a little nosy i no every 1 is different but what foods and drinks and how much dos it take befor you dump
thanks

Hi lisa for me its any sweet thing of things with lots off cals and it can be with in 5 mins off eating or it might take a hour as for drinks to much fresh fruit juice and some dilute juice sets me off i stick the suger free stuff and make it week and im fine so i avoid these things at all cost as its not nice but everyone is diffrent what sets me off might be fine for you x x x x x x sarah x

Last edited:
Hi hun. I have been having a tea spoon full of dried fruit and berrys with my cereal in the morning and that id making me dump most mornings, but thats what the dietician told me to do! As for processed sugar, I have had non as I am susceptible to dumping with fruit so any sugary foods will defo be out for me!!

What is Dumping Syndrome?

Dumping syndrome is a problem that occurs in some patients after having gastric bypass surgery. It is the result of food passing too quickly into the small intestine. It is typically induced when the patient eats certain foods, such as sweets or certain carbohydrate sources (such as simple carbohydrates like sugar and some starches). It can also occur as a result of eating too much at one time.
What are the Symptoms of Dumping Syndrome?

Some symptoms of dumping syndrome include:
  • nausea or queasiness
  • a sense of fullness accompanied by discomfort
  • cramping
  • diarrhea
  • general weakness
  • profuse sweating
  • vomiting
  • heart palpitations (an increase in heart rate)

Back