• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally bit the bullet...

Oh that's a good idea. I'm seeing the doc tonight anyway so I'll check it's actually been sent for a start x

Well the news wasn't as bad as I thought. Cholesterol is at the high end of normal and I am on the verge of being diabetic. Blood glucose (I think) is 45 when 48 would mean I have it. My referral has definitely been sent and she's actually seeing the relevant secretary next week so will personally make sure she has it. She said if I don't hear from them after 4 weeks from referral I can call them myself. Overall a productive appointment I think!

It sounds like between the two of you there's a plan :)

I'm pretty much we're you are Starbuck, I asked my doctor to refere me a few weeks ago, i received a letter. The other day for a double appointment for 13th march next year a morning one 9.45 then a 2.30 pm. At honiton hospital London, yesterday I revived another letter cancelling the morning app , but bringing it forward to 19thdec this year Still got 2nd app in march, Can't wait to get the ball rolling........ can anyone give me a idea what's going on at. These first 2 appointments, & how long into it before I would know if I am accepted for surgery. Thank you. Carol

Oh that's lucky and brilliant news that you some appointments lined up. I called the hospital as I hadn't heard anything and lo and behold they hadn't received my referral. Quelle surprise! I got on to the doctor who said they would contact the hospital and get it sent directly to the right person so we shall see.

Missing referrals seem to be commonplace for WLS...... Always chase these up and check that they have been received. Glad that you managed to find out what happened and request your doctor to follow this up. Fingers crossed you wont have to wait too long to find out what is happening.

Back