• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating disorders

Sorry - when I said well in your past I didn't mean to suggest your twenties were a long time ago ! :eek:

LOL, Caren ... if only they weren't :D:D
I have not seen a phychiatrist either (some say maybe I should:D) When I saw the surgeon he asked why I thought I was in the position of needing the surgery???? He asked my history, when I started to gain weight, around 14, did anything happen to trigger this, maybe puberty or my nanan dying followed 2 years later by my dad dying the within 10yrs my brother & mum dying. At this point he stopped asking but I told him quite clearly that I did not think any of this was responsible for my problems & he seemed to be OK with this & told me he thought I was an intelligent woman :8855: & was happy to add me to his list. :D I know I am not an emotional eater, just greedy, so hopefully the option to eat big portions being taken away will help me lose the weight. I also know that I am not the same person I was in my twenties so would not like to think anything that happened then would be used as a yardstick to gauge my mental health now. Nor should it be for you. So, if you need to see a phychiatrist, see one, if it is a means to an end. I am sure people have overcome bigger hurdles than an eating problem that occured 25ish yrs ago to go on to have success after their WLS.
Sermon over :eek::eek: love ya Caren xxx

Thanks twink, I'm probably going private so I doubt it will even mentioned, gawd help us all lol luv ya girly xxx :D

Oh I also got very slim on tenuate dospan once. None of it works!

Ahhh Tenuate Dospan, that brings back memories lol....the amphetamine of choice for the larger person.......if you can cope with the lack of sleep, emotional distress and the nervous twiches......people thought i had torrettes, lol x

lotsabeefy said:
Ahhh Tenuate Dospan, that brings back memories lol....the amphetamine of choice for the larger person.......if you can cope with the lack of sleep, emotional distress and the nervous twiches......people thought i had torrettes, lol x

Lmao!! My husband loved me taking it, I was up all night doing the housework lol

Errr, why did he love that? Is 'housework' a euphemism for something naughty? :D No wonder you lost weight !! ;);)

god no!!! hahahaha he just liked getting up to a clean, bleach smelling home lol

Well I understand that :) I am a bit OCD myself. It is killing me being in plaster &
even though my hubby does his best, it's not the same is it? Wait until next month & I will be like Billy Whizz (anyone who is too young for that, he was in a comic from my long ago childhood, lol) & order will be restored, ahhh :D

im not, im a lazy cow! lol :snoopyhouse:

We will have to get you some more Tenuate Dospan ... not that I had ever heard of them until today :D + you will be full of new found energy post op :D

We will have to get you some more Tenuate Dospan ... not that I had ever heard of them until today :D + you will be full of new found energy post op :D

lol yeah, not good for you though, just legal amphetamines lol actually im not sure that they are legal anymore lol

there are some though that are good lol, but im not going there anymore, i'll just lose it and put it on again, they really dont work long term! waste of money lol

I only ever tried Xenical as my previous doctor was anti anything to do with weight loss other than not putting food in your mouth, wow I wish I had thought of that :mad::mad: I tried Xenical twice with my new doctor but as I have always been contrary It made me constipated rather than the opposite :D:D

I only ever tried Xenical as my previous doctor was anti anything to do with weight loss other than not putting food in your mouth, wow I wish I had thought of that :mad::mad: I tried Xenical twice with my new doctor but as I have always been contrary It made me constipated rather than the opposite :D:D

my doctor gave me those but I didnt take them, ive heard that you often dont make the loo and im a bus driver!! :eek: lovely! hahahahaha

I was given Orlistat and it really didn't agree with me because of my job at the time - and my GP only put me on it because we could say I'd had it for the PCT with the funding application! I was far better with Reductil but, it was taken off the market by the European Medicines and Health Regulations Authority because of causing increased risk of heart attack or stroke - not sure how greater the risk was when taking that drug compared with the increased risks due to being obese in the first place!!!

Tatiana

I had Reductil and lost a stone in a month on them. There was a locum at our old surgery who prescribed them. When I went back to the nurse to be checked and to get the next prescription I was referred to the GP who told me that I would never have been put on them if he had known and stopped them. :mad:

Had Orlistat (Xenical) too and actually had anal leakage once ewwwwww was mortified. Horrible, horrible stuff.

I had Reductil and lost a stone in a month on them. There was a locum at our old surgery who prescribed them. When I went back to the nurse to be checked and to get the next prescription I was referred to the GP who told me that I would never have been put on them if he had known and stopped them. :mad:

Had Orlistat (Xenical) too and actually had anal leakage once ewwwwww was mortified. Horrible, horrible stuff.

Lordie Lordie Josie ... Anal leakage :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: What a glam life we lead :8855:

What a nightmare!!!!! Bless ya :(

Back