• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

eating & thoughts

cah-ching

Hi,

I've just been looking at my weekly weigh in and as per usual I was feeling despondent ... but then scrolled to the top and noticed that I started this journey at 318lbs and I'm now 256 (at last official weigh in although 257 this morning!) that's a total of 61Ibs.

I supposed what I'm trying to say is, although I've got abother 100lbs to go, one has to keep in mind that start point :).

I may not have done it quickly or in the 2yrs aftercare package, but I've done it and I'm doing it!

I also have to go back to the rules and remember those rules.

Anyway .. back to the point of this post!!!

I'm aiming for between 800-1000 kCal daily - the rules state this should be spread over three meals per day.

I was just wondering what you all typically eat and your portion sizes. Do you stop after 20 minutes? Do you eat three meals per day of do you spread it over the day i.e. four/five 200kCal meals per day etc?

Just interested in sharing and getting information.

Cheers

CC x

Hiya CC. I am 8 (almost 9) weeks post sleeve. Still struggling with food. This is a typical day's menu for me.

Breakfast: either half a sachet of Oat So Simple, or 15g of wheat free sugar free muesli. Blueberries. Half an hour later: a big mug of tea with lemon and ginger, spread over the morning.

Lunch: Half a mug of soup. Two or three crackers with smoked salmon or tuna mayo or cheese.

Snack: Raw cashews and raisins. (just a few).

Supper: Tiny amount (less than a playing card size) of chicken, couple of teaspoons mash (not always), whatever veg I can tolerate.

Tea as before. Maybe some more nuts and raisins or a yogurt before bed.

Before my op I was 93kg, today I am 75kg.

Hi,

I've just been looking at my weekly weigh in and as per usual I was feeling despondent ... but then scrolled to the top and noticed that I started this journey at 318lbs and I'm now 256 (at last official weigh in although 257 this morning!) that's a total of 61Ibs.

I supposed what I'm trying to say is, although I've got abother 100lbs to go, one has to keep in mind that start point :).

I may not have done it quickly or in the 2yrs aftercare package, but I've done it and I'm doing it!

I also have to go back to the rules and remember those rules.

Anyway .. back to the point of this post!!!

I'm aiming for between 800-1000 kCal daily - the rules state this should be spread over three meals per day.

I was just wondering what you all typically eat and your portion sizes. Do you stop after 20 minutes? Do you eat three meals per day of do you spread it over the day i.e. four/five 200kCal meals per day etc?

Just interested in sharing and getting information.

Cheers

CC x

Well done on losing 61lbs so far :D

If I remember correctly your a bander ( sorry if I got it wrong) anyhow 800-1000 calories seems a little low to me , If your following your providers rules then fair enough, I was informed to have 1000-1200 calories a day over 3 split meals (again if your not a bander then the rules will be different). As for my portion size nearly 19 months post op off a side plate and with a teaspoon ( this helps me not shove too much in at any one time, and it works for me )

Portions sizes vary daily to me some days, like yesterday for instance I had lamb roast, veg, spuds etc on a side plate but I had it in two meals ( yum yum) Carbs are terrible for me so I never have more then two potatoes on any plate as they stick weight on me like no tomorrow. Typically for a days meal schedule - I would have a nutrient drink in the morning ( as my band is always tighter in the morning) and then for lunch I would have some meat ( whether chicken, fish etc) with veggies and for dinner I would have again some meat with veggies and a potato product ( if I have room for it) I very rarely snack ( unless on the go) and always stick to the drinking rule. Wishing you all the best and u seem like a determined lady and I am sure you will shed those remaining pounds . take care MeJulie xx

Hi CC

For your height (seem to remember you are fairly tall) the calories do seem low.

I have around 1400 a day to maintain but was having around 1200 a day to lose.

I do stick to 3 meals but snack on fruit because I need to after exercising.

A typical day for me would be:

Breakfast: 200 calories - muesli with skimmed milk.

Mid morning: 150 cals - Banana and/or grapes.

Lunch: 300 calories - tuna salad, or a jacket potato.

Mid afternoon or post exercise: 150 cals - fruit, babybell light.

Evening meal: 500 calories - quorn stir fry.

Also skimmed milk for drinks - around 100 cals.

I try and stick to less than 5% fat (apart from the babybell!) and drink lots of water. If I have a glass of wine I cut out the snacks.

Hope this helps :D xx

Hi CC, I'm not the fastest loser in the west either although its been 7 months since my op. When I'm managing to control my food and hence losing weight I have between 800 and 1500 calories a day depending on lots of different factors ( time mainly!) I try to split this mainly between lunch and tea so I can have stuff I like. Breakfast tends to be yoghurt and coffee. Everyone is different I suppose. I'm careful about my protein intake though- I like to know I'm having enough as its the only food that can cause you problems if you don't have enough...but you know this. Sorry if it sounds preachy!
I think the single most important piece of info that I've found useful is that my band helps me feel satisfied with small amounts of food. I said to my son yesterday that before my band I used to feel either starving or stuffed! Not any more. I never feel starving and I never feel stuffed. Thats a big shift for me! I try to eat the smallest amount of food that I can get away with. If that happens more often than not, then I lose. Its a way of becoming calorie deficient without that gnawing hunger that drives you demented!
Hope this helps xx

Well dun on loosing 61lbs :) x that's great Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back