• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trouble eating

jammyjaney

I am just over 6 weeks post op now, and have been eating normal food for about 3 weeks, but since saturday i have had trouble eating and drinking, everything i try, even water is causing me pain
Anyone know what this could be, i am starting to scare my self now, should i maybe call the surgen?

nothing wrong with giving him a call hon - best to be safe than sorry even if all you get is some peace of mind!

Hiya

As with any medical concern then you should always contact your GP/Surgeon as your health is all that matters and they will be able to put your mind at rest.

Mike

hi janey 1st give ur surgeon a call or ur gp, sounds to me like u went onto solids a bit to early ur trying to run b4 u can walk, go back to puree 4 a couple of days and see how u go, u got to give ur pouch time to heal properly hun, just try soft stuff again if its still painful then ul av to call some1 ok lv georgina xxx

Hi janey

6-8 weeks you will have a period where you have this. well some poeple me being one of them. you may even get sickness aswell.

Do make sure you let your doctor know but it should go within a week. you may stop losing wieght aswell . just in that week have some milk and soup.

Mine favorite is cornbeef salad goes goes down easy.

But no need to panic

Mark

i had sickness awful it lasted for 2 months after my op every meal was the same i stayed on puree for the 1st 12 weeks, hope all goes well for u xxx

Back