• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating too restriction!

phatmomma

Right you'd think almost 5 months down the line i'd know everything? Yeah right...

Kelly has a post going about feeling full which i responded too and which brought about this question which i'd appreciate an answer too...

I know i'm full as my pouch gets stiff - so now when i'm eating (especially at work) i stop eating before i hit restriction with my meal - which often means i trot off for a 'go ahead' biscuit or something to nibble! And i still leave some room for a bit of yoghurt, whereas at restriction i can't physically eat the yoghurt. Whereas if i'd eaten to stiff pouch i wouldn't be able to manage anything in the afternoon...

So my question: Should i eat to restriction so my pouch gets stiff? Thus eliminating the afternoon nibbles........

Also drinking is still a big thing to do, after eating to restriction i can't drink for a couple of hours...

See, theres another question I dont know the answer to.....lol It really is doing my head in I dont like not being in control :eek: I sometimes eat to restriction and sometimes dont.... sometimes I dont feel full and then the next bit I have I get that pain in the chest.....I would think you would only stretch your pouch if you were eating till you were sick all the time. I think you are supposed to feel restriction.....arent you? Sorry Julie, Im not much help :D XX

Angela i don't dump, on anything! Believe me i have tried all the kinds of food that could make me dump.....nothing!

Sometimes it can be a bit unfair can't it?

DSers aren't meant to dump but I'm sure I did on something really sweet.

As really sweet and fatty causes diabolical maladsorption I get a double whammy.

You are doing really well and look great

xxx

There are arguemnets for both sides and there are success stories on here that advocate both. I normally eat until I feel the first beginings of restriction because its a very fine line between restriction and over eating. It also depends on what I am eating and whether I am enjoying it or just eating because thats all I've had all day x

I only eat until I feel that I am getting full - rather than being full or I too cannot either drink or even manage a yoghurt or similar. Being really full makes me feel quite ill anyway and if I am honest I probably stop eating soon as I am quite nervous of the raging 'rabids'. (I am sure most of you have seen the post re the Rabid club)

I dont want to push myself to eat too much because of that and also because I dont ever feel hungry there is not much point or I am doing what I did pre op - and eating purely and simply for the sake of eating. That was how I ended up here in the first place. xx

This is really a good question julie..

Its hard to know what to do for the best.
I eat till Im just feeling a bit full,as if I go the whole way I feel just sick as a dog,and its really not nice.
As I have to rest for a couple of hours until the sickness passes and I cant live like that.

But what I find is,if I eat till Im just starting to feel full slighty,I can feel a bit peckish a later.
And this is where problems can start,snacking is what got me here in the first place.

what does everyone think?
and ideas for healthy snacks at 8 weeks post-op?

This is really a good question julie..

Its hard to know what to do for the best.
I eat till Im just feeling a bit full,as if I go the whole way I feel just sick as a dog,and its really not nice.
As I have to rest for a couple of hours until the sickness passes and I cant live like that.

But what I find is,if I eat till Im just starting to feel full slighty,I can feel a bit peckish a later.
And this is where problems can start,snacking is what got me here in the first place.

what does everyone think?
and ideas for healthy snacks at 8 weeks post-op?

Nuts, babybels, snack a jacks, cherry toms, fruit...

Or my favourite a 'go ahead' biscuit out the machine. Okay at 60p a pack i could buy a multipack at Tesco's a lot cheaper, but then i'd only go and eat them quicker...

I don't feel restriction either. I just feel I've had enough, or sometimes my nose runs. I know when I've had too much as I feel bloated.

Another question,

at my appointment today the dietican told me I should be now aiming for 3 meal a day with no snacks...How!!!!
The tiny portion you have for meals u need something inbetween surely,it wouldnt be heathly to surive on such tiny amount of meatime food..

Im a bit confused I think x

I stop eating when i get that first sign of my chest tightening, i take at least 15 minutes to eat anything I have, before this band fill i'd eat till i was in agony and then be sick but now i THINK i have my head round it all now THINK being the operative word, i just hate wasting food :( your doing so well, keep it up, sorry i cant be of much help but even a year on i am still LEARNING slowly! X

I eat as quickly now as i did pre op, but obviously not the amounts. I worry about my portions at times although compared with 'normal' people i eat miniscule amounts...

I think i may ring my provider and sort out my next check up appt which should be mid-december and also ask to see the dietician then. Unless of course i can get in with her before then.........

Julie I think its waht works for you, I personally stop just before I get the horrible too full feeling, as I have had too many Barffing sessions over my journey and so I try to avoid it at all costs.... If you need to nibble like others have said makesure its protein based and good for you as we need to make our food count, but very often you may find a drink would do the job........

Hope you find what works for you, but keep listening to your pouch it will show you the way, it takes time to work out how it all works...

All the Best Honey

I tend to eat until I start to feel uncomfortable, not sure if this is right or not??

Today I've hardly been able to eat anything which is really not like me usually I'm wondering if I've eaten too much!

Today I've hardly been able to eat anything which is really not like me usually I'm wondering if I've eaten too much!

I have had about three days like this during the week. Not sure why but I really only have a few mouthfuls and then think 'oh no' . . good indicator to stop right there! Bit wierd really as I was doing well on the eating front until about a week or so ago but have found I can eat a lot less recently. Not changed anything either in types of food - cant even eat some things I found ok earlier!!

Back