• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eek surgery wobble!!!

chubby funster

After a year in this whole process and one cancelled op in Feb, I have a surgery date for 28th June. It is all. A bit real now and I'm getting scared. Which I'm sure I am not alone in feeling!! Whilst I am 24 stone, I (currently) have no real health issues and I am for the most part a happy fatty. There are aspects of my life that my size impacts on and that makes me sad. However I'm just worried that surgery will leave me thinner, but will it leave me with more "sad" parts, I'm worried about skin and whether my Outlook/personality will change. I'm also worried about how ill feel after surgery, I'm having bypass, is two weeks too short a time to be off work? Argh my heads a mess!!!!! Sorry if I'm repeating other points or sound pathetic. Any advice/comments gratefully received!

thats exactly how i feel, im happy with how i look , and have a great life but its been built around my weight , i know how to check things before i go somewhere ,chair size , stairways ,,weight limits ,,,airplane seat sizes,cant go to london shows anymore unless its in a box not stalls,same at footy or boxing ,,i even have a very good business selling bbw underwear and fetish wear,,,how will it affect that? lol,but i know all these things have been created around my weight ,i know you say you have good health,which is great ,i just went from one weight related problem to another after i reached 40, this op ,hopfully give me some more years with my beautiful family,healthy years that i dont have to create a life around my weight,but around my needs wants and dreams,,and im sure your loved ones around you will tell you if your personality is changing ,nothing like family to bring you back down to earth lol ,lets both hope the future is a wonderful place ,dare i say even better ,than the here and now if thats possible , x good luck with your choices , x

I think you've probably just hit the nail I'm the head! It's reassuring to hear I'm not the only one!!! X

I agree with all the above points, my op is the 30th june and i've started to think all sorts of things, good and bad. I think it's part of the process we need to go through. Not sure about anyone else but i'm tending to be very negative about the weight loss. When my mate says to me "you'll be such and such this time next year" i'll immediately say "no, i don't think i'll lose that much". I think i'm protecting myself from disappointment because the reality of wls and losing such vast amounts of weight seems unreal. I just can't believe that i will lose loads of weight!!!!

i do that to sarah, im convinced i wont lose much, everyone keeps saying ,when youve lost weight,,,,lol and i cant believe it will happen x

Sarah, that's exactly how I felt, and in some respects still feel two weeks post-op!! I am convinced I am THE ONE it wont work for, but that's because nothing has ever worked before! 2 weeks post-op and I have lost two and a half stone including pre-op diet and I already look different! Now I am trying to convince myself it WILL WORK - and I will have the same story to tell as everyone else in a few months time - cant wait!! Also, I had one or two little wobbles, nothing much, cos every time I thought - "I am OK as I am" etc.. I then thought, but do I want to leave my kids/future grandchildren 20 years earlier than I have to?? - that took all my doubts away! As someone said to me, "you wouldnt be normal if you didnt worry - it's major surgery" - but all I can tell you from my experience is - it's over before you know it, your home before you know it, and you are on the road to slimville before you know it! Good luck to you all and I will save you a space on the losers bench xx

i do that to sarah, im convinced i wont lose much, everyone keeps saying ,when youve lost weight,,,,lol and i cant believe it will happen x
It's weird isn't it, i can't get my head around it. I watched that psychic sally programme last night about her bypass and she lost 6 stone in 14 weeks....amazing, but it won't happen to me lol x

Oh gutted I missed that - what was it called? and what side was it on!! And Mrs - you WILL do it!! xx

I have had two weeks off and was supposed to be back today, but although i feel really fab from the operation etc..I have been shocked by lack of energy and just walking a short distance knackers me - so have taken another week x but everyone is different! x

Thanks phil lol, it was called psychic sallys big fat operation, it was on sky livingit last night x

I will look out for it, and its Ruth - not Phil, but I get that a lot cos of the name! I am a soppy bugger and it means "I Love you Phil" who is my hubster! Take That have actually done a song just for me "8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning" - how excited was I when I heard it! xx

I had the call this morning offering me a place as someone cancelled there op, now i have 2 wks to do the pre-op diet and im sooooooo scared, keep asking myself am i doing the right thing, god i hope so, i dont have much of a life at the moment, cant walk far, bad knee and bad back so it can only be a good thing, cant it?

I will look out for it, and its Ruth - not Phil, but I get that a lot cos of the name! I am a soppy bugger and it means "I Love you Phil" who is my hubster! Take That have actually done a song just for me "8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning" - how excited was I when I heard it! xx
Sorry Ruth, i know you're ruth so don't know why i put phil lol.
It was interesting and gave a good insight to wls x

These forums are soooo helpful, I don't use them nearly as much as I should. It's so reassuring to speak to those feeling the same/similar, those with experience and those who simply can see where you are coming from!!

Joanne, you will beat me in by a week, I wish you all the luck and a speedy recovery! Let me know how you get on!

good luck with everything hun.xx

I had the call this morning offering me a place as someone cancelled there op, now i have 2 wks to do the pre-op diet and im sooooooo scared, keep asking myself am i doing the right thing, god i hope so, i dont have much of a life at the moment, cant walk far, bad knee and bad back so it can only be a good thing, cant it?
YOU GO FOR IT GRAB IT WITH BOTH HANDS YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT IT WILL TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE BUT YOU HAVE TO PLAY BY THE RULES

You will be ok. The answer is in you. Meditate and get calm you will find what you need. Do not think of today think of the day when you will be thin happy and healthy. may God bless you and be with you.

Back