• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PRE OP DIET WOBBLE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so not everyone has, wrong choice of words (blame fat finger syndrome! )- but some people do as otherwise there would be no sugar 'dumping' that I read about. I am just starting my journey and paying for it myself I am pleased there are plenty who stick to it like glue and since I haven't started pre op yet I hope I'm just as successful, just posted reply to let her know someone was here. Didn't expect to feel crappy about it.

Last edited:
I ate Nandos the very day before my surgery because I could. I had chicken breast and a salad, which fell in line with my low fat low sugar diet I had been put on.

I had spent the previous 17 months prior to my operation losing 7 stones, I requested to do a pre-op diet in the first place, it wasn't a requirement.

I chose a last meal and my surgeon laughed about how healthy I had made it.

I also agree with Shelley and jemima. I wasn't going to bother posting because this comes up every few months and the Cheater disappears a few months postop ne'er to be heard from again. Meanwhile those of us who didn't cheat are posting before and afters. I don't think it's rocket science. Never mind the fact that you are making a dangerous op more so but not following your surgeons rules.

And just my view, but you don't eat pizza by accident. A biscuit, yes. A carrot, a broccoli floret, yes. But you have to cook the flaming pizza or at least order it. This wasn't an accident, you made a choice and now you feel guilty. So you've come on here moaning in order to feel better.

Nothing in the world feels better than having lost almost half your body weight. Not even pizza.

I agree with Shelley.
If you can't stick to a pre op diet, what chance have you got.
You'd really risk them opening up your body and saying - no, livers too big, too much risk - and closing you up again?
Dig deep people.
Ore op is nothing compared to the changes we have to make.
Find the strength.

Although I don't think we should be having a go at people for saying they "come on here moaning".
This is a forum, for support.
Positive support.
I've experienced support and help from everyone I've interacted with.
But I've also seen a couple of shitty comments.
Play nice people.
Peace and love.

Although I don't think we should be having a go at people for saying they "come on here moaning". This is a forum, for support. Positive support. I've experienced support and help from everyone I've interacted with. But I've also seen a couple of shitty comments. Play nice people. Peace and love.

Well said mate

I am three months post bypass. I think maybe possibly we are in 'Last Supper' territory in this thread.

I did four weeks on an LSD of a daily four WW soups, four Muller Lights and 500 ml of semi-skimmed. I can understand the urge to 'wobble' but I chose to stick to it. Immediately prior to the LSD I did two weeks of very strong antibiotics to ensure my gut was clear of evil bacterias which had been causing me probs for most of my adult life - the ABs affected my tastebuds so badly I lost all appetite and anything I did eat tasted vile. I knew the LSD was prescribed for a medical reason, and was not a 'punishing' diet to lose weight - it was to ensure the maximum chance of keyhole, and the minimum risk of damage to my Liver and avoid a massive incision which would mean a longer more complex recovery, and scar me for life. I decided that if I couldn't stick to it, I was not ready for surgery. At the time I thought it was the hardest thing I'd ever do, but boy was I wrong. The first few weeks post surgery were yet to follow.

I saw the shrink today for my post-op review and she asked me how I'd found it coping through those first few weeks post-op. My reply was that it had been much more challenging than I had ever imagined or prepared for, and that includes the knowledge I gleaned from supporting my best friend through his bypass eight years ago. I did so much research to ensure I started on my journey fully informed (even my provider at our first meeting said I was one step ahead of them, through doing my extensive prep). The bypass is only a tool to help us change our ways - a very powerful tool, which takes away the physical ability to eat, but does little to assist our heads. The only way to change our lives is to change our mind.

To everyone pre-op I urge you to stick like glue to all the advice and support your provider gives you, no matter how hard and strict it seems. They really do know what they are doing, and are not testing us as such ... Nor are they punishing us by denying us all the tasty comforts we got used to. In my experience WLS and all that goes along with it, is not a magic wand - as I say it is merely a tool. And how we employ that tool is under our control.

Good luck to everyone awaiting surgery. I am truly excited for you, and look forward to making room on the losers' bench. xxx

I work long long hours with a very stressful job, I ate the effing pizza because it was cooked and available at my mams, I do not need this **** from supposed supporters on this website I feel bad enough as it is. IT IS NOT MY FAULT that you had to pay for your surgery, Get a ****ing life you *****es now you have had the surgery you give it the big one about how you all have done so well, most of you have allowed yourselves to get to 20+ Stones so you have all let things slip into your mouths I would imagine, I am only 14 stone and have done something about this before I reached your weights which has took alot of balls to do. Now I dont need your **** because I have real friends and family who care about me. This site is full of ****ing arseholes!!

Don't beat yourself up over it - I'm sure everyone here has had a 'blip' at some point.
I haven't had my op yet but my surgeon told me that as I carry my weight all over I don't need to worry too much pre op but if I did loose some weight I would benefit
He told me it gets tricky when someone carries all the weight on they're front.
Good luck for Monday x

Thank you, someone has something positive to say!! I am actually only a size 16 and my weight is evenly distributed. Good luck for the future I will never visit this site again!!

I work long long hours with a very stressful job, I ate the effing pizza because it was cooked and available at my mams, I do not need this **** from supposed supporters on this website I feel bad enough as it is. IT IS NOT MY FAULT that you had to pay for your surgery, Get a ****ing life you *****es now you have had the surgery you give it the big one about how you all have done so well, most of you have allowed yourselves to get to 20+ Stones so you have all let things slip into your mouths I would imagine, I am only 14 stone and have done something about this before I reached your weights which has took alot of balls to do. Now I dont need your **** because I have real friends and family who care about me. This site is full of ****ing arseholes!!

No need for that language - asking for support and posting something like that? Totally immature and unnecessary:mad:

I think most people here try to be very supportive I am totally new as you can see, but if it were not for the support I have found here I think I would be in a dark place

So I just wanted to say I am very sad that you are obviously hurt angry and just wanted to give you some support and comfort
Chin up and best foot forward
xxx:wave_cry:

Come on guys support is what is needed.. I am two days into pre-op diet and feeling emotional.. I suspect Pollybree is feeling the same. I have already warned those that know of my op that I expect to be a right cow during these two weeks due to low sugar and hunger.

The thing is we have all been there we all know how hard it is... and the best thing is none of us will go back there.

Onwards and upwards... love to all. x

Wow!!! I suggest we ignore the people who post these pre- op diet'wobbles'. Makes my blood boil.

If that is the case, I dont know why you are putting yourself through this. I did ignore this post previously, as ive got into this argument before, and it's always unpleasant and futile. But it strikes me that reality has bitten.
My advise for all those starting their preop diets is plan ahead, make sure you spread your intake evenly to avoid getting too hungry.

For all those who are preop, I want to assure you that when you get through your pre op without a slip up it gives you an amazing sense of achievement. For me it was the signal that I was ready, and totally committed. And as others have said, the pre op is nothing compared to that first month post op. This process takes a shed load of determination and self control
I for one am glad of that.

I personally know two people whose ops were cancelled because they were non compliant with the pre op diet. It can and does happen.

If that is the case, I dont know why you are putting yourself through this. I did ignore this post previously, as ive got into this argument before, and it's always unpleasant and futile. But it strikes me that reality has bitten. My advise for all those starting their preop diets is plan ahead, make sure you spread your intake evenly to avoid getting too hungry. For all those who are preop, I want to assure you that when you get through your pre op without a slip up it gives you an amazing sense of achievement. For me it was the signal that I was ready, and totally committed. And as others have said, the pre op is nothing compared to that first month post op. This process takes a shed load of determination and self control I for one am glad of that. I personally know two people whose ops were cancelled because they were non compliant with the pre op diet. It can and does happen.

Well said, a very good response :)

OK I'll bite.

Firstly, this site isn't full of arseholes, you just don't like being criticised. Actually the majority of people are very helpful and friendly - if you give them the chance to be.

You are very, very lucky to have been given NHS funding to have this operation, especially since you're not *that* big. Neither am I, and I had no chance of funding.

I suggest you make the most of this fantastic opportunity, and if they put you under but can't do the surgery because you've screwed up the pre-op diet - it serves you right.

Maybe if you wake up with five holes in your stomach and no sleeve you'll start appreciating the chance you have.

Oh and I guarantee you'll be back to read the replies, if nothing else.

I hope you get your surgery and I hope you lose your weight. I hope you come back in a year or two and see someone ask the same as you "Will cheating mean I don't get my surgery" and I hope you will tell them truth - cheating means rolling the dice and that's what you've been told. You can make all the excuses you want, you know it and that's why you are upset. People telling you that doesn't mean they don't want to support to the rest of the way, maybe if more people had told me to take responsibility I wouldn't have "allowed myself to get to 20+ stone" but there you go. Maybe you don't respond well to any other type of support or advice other than telling you it's all going to be ok. I don't think I did well pre op so I do understand that and I will ignore you ranting and swearing at us too because I remember how volitile I felt on pre op, although I didn't do that but I'll give you one more piece of advice, whether you take it or not is up to you....there is a lot more things to come, you are going to need people who understand what your going through. Maybe some of us you don't want help from, use the block button but you will need something and I know you have been here long enough to see how it can help but you will have to remember everyone is different and not everyone gives support/advice in the same way.

I remember being a tyrant when I was on preop almost PMT times ten...its hard it wont get easier anytime soon just different there is a mountain of advice and help here good luck when you go in xx

I wasn't going to reply to this, but I have to say I'm a little confused. You came on here looking for support, sometimes tough love is exactly the kind of support you really need. I find it hard to believe that a pizza was the only thing available for you to eat, and if you're eating because your job is so stressful then this operation wont work for you. A lot of us, including myself, work long hours. I normally do a 12hour+ day but still managed to stick to my pre-op diet. Also you claim you're only 14stone and a size 16, frankly I find it hard to believe you've qualified for NHS funding, if thats the case. I was very lucky to have got NHS funding for my operation and although a long way off from your 20+ stone that you think everyone is, I am extremely grateful for my second chance. People on here will always support those who are really trying and who want it to work. I'm sorry you feel you had to get so defensive and swear at people, but the pre-op diet is just the start, and what comes after is sooo much harder, and the reason people can tell you that is because they have walked this path before you and are passing on thier experience.

I wish you luck, cause I'm not sure you really realise what you're getting yourself into.

i didnt comment before as im still pre op and there are much more knowlegable people on here. im sorry that your having a tough time and i hope your operation goes well but theres no need to swear and insult everyone on here with your name calling. very glad for you that your not that big and evenly proportioned with it. ill take my 20+ stone butt elsewhere now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back