• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PRE OP DIET WOBBLE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pollybree

Hi am having my sleeve done on Monday and I have had a wobble on my liver diet last night and ate a pizza!!! Does anyone know if this will stop me from having the surgery? Has anyone else cheated on the liver diet?? Its been ok until I did not get home late last night and my carb craving kicked in big time!! :break_diet:

Best thing to do is to ring up your provider and ask, pizza is a high carb/salt/fat item which I think only they can provide the answer to :(

Please keep me updated, I too had a wobble. I have 10 days til mine but am going to make extra effort not to do it again. I would think you could burn off the pizza by monday if your really restrictive. I am no expert but when I used to do Cambridge diet and was in ketosis, if I had a wobble like pizza. It would take me 2 or 3 days to re enter ketosis if I was good. I would say drink water and be very strict from now on. I very much doubt it will have ruined your chance to have surgery. No one knows how big their liver was to start with anyway, you may have a smaller liver anyway lol. Be good from now though and let me know what your provider says if that's ok x

I am scared to ring them to be honest in case they say I cant have it now!! Think I will just be strict and hope for the best today!!

I feel the same too. I honestly think you will be fine if you are super strict from now on. I know when I feel de motivated and low I eat more but if you can lift ya chin up an think of Monday and being slim, you will get through it x

I am scared to ring them to be honest in case they say I cant have it now!! Think I will just be strict and hope for the best today!!

Obviously its your call but if it comes to op day as your liver isn't right and your op gets cancelled because of it (not saying that will happen just it is a possibility)

I hope everything turns out ok for you, I've not booked my op yet but I'm really not looking forward to the milk diet :wave_cry:

We dont do the milk diet under my provider, its just a low carb low fat diet. I have managed great until yesterday!!

oh god this is my worst nightmare... I am on the pre-op diet starting today... 11:30am on Day 1 and I got up when I heard the lunch van coming.. out of habit. I nearly popped a biscuit in my mouth when I went to the kitchen. There just seems to be food everywhere...

good luck hope it goes ahead ok.

Hi am having my sleeve done on Monday and I have had a wobble on my liver diet last night and ate a pizza!!! Does anyone know if this will stop me from having the surgery? Has anyone else cheated on the liver diet?? Its been ok until I did not get home late last night and my carb craving kicked in big time!! :break_diet:

I had my surgery yesterday and spoke to my Surgeon after surgery..
I had 5 weeks pre op diet
4 weeks 1000 cal and 0ne week the dreaded Milk Diet
the last night before surgery I really wanted a dry slice of wholemeal toast...not too bad you say..Ahhh well good job I didn't have it as Mr Richardson said it would have blown the liver up ..so I think best to really knuckle down its such a short pre time and whilst I know its hard...You have to look at the bigger picture and be healthy for surgery;)

Now on a lighter note my daughter had a band 2 years ago and she ate 2 slices of pizza the night before and was Ok :) NOT that I condone or support coming off the milk diet!:)

oh god this is my worst nightmare... I am on the pre-op diet starting today... 11:30am on Day 1 and I got up when I heard the lunch van coming.. out of habit. I nearly popped a biscuit in my mouth when I went to the kitchen. There just seems to be food everywhere...
dgood luck hope it goes ahead ok.

Good luck with diet xx
also I think good idea to prepare the house so all the goodies are moved out of sight :) FOOD sadly is everywhere I couldn't even watch the commercials on tele, lol:D

We all feel this way on the pre op don't we...
But we are all having surgery because most of us love food and are lacking in willpower...

I think its not so much how you loose its really what you eat, the liver process food nutrients etc and its is about eating correctly to shrink the liver so you have every chance to do OK before your Op if you really concentrate what you eat/Drink..
Good Luck Hunny, believe me I know how you feel..
I ate a tomato and an apple and was scared to death!!!!!:D

A Pizza? Sorry but you might not get your surgery. Tell your team and don't do anything to sabotage your diet from now on but the idea is to reduce the fat on your liver and pizza will not do that as I'm sure you know.

Hi pollybree,

I'm not going to lecture you on breaking the diet, as I'm sure your beating yourself up enough. But maybe take some time to think about why you did it. Are you trying to sabotage yourself in some way, are you scared about the surgery and what it entails, are you REALLY ready? Maybe finding the answers to why you did it will be more beneficial to you than worrying about what you did. I know I was petrified from about a week out right up to the last second, not about the surgery but if I was really ready for my new life. I've struggled with my weight and had an eating disorder for more than 20 years, finding new ways to cope without food was one of the best things I've ever done and I was lucky enough to do this before the surgery. I'm really nervous about who I will be and how my friends/family will be with me when I'm finally a healthy weight- but that's for another day and Im rambling, sorry!
Whatever you do I'm sure it will be the right thing for you,

Good luck hun,

Jen x

I ate the pizza because it was 8pm and I had not eaten since 12 lunch time!! I do want this surgery and I have contacted my bariatric team who said if I have stuck to it for all the other days I should be fine by Monday phew! If not they will give me the surgery by an open incesion which I am fine with too, I just want it so I am not bothered about scars.

I ate the pizza because it was 8pm and I had not eaten since 12 lunch time!! I do want this surgery and I have contacted my bariatric team who said if I have stuck to it for all the other days I should be fine by Monday phew! If not they will give me the surgery by an open incesion which I am fine with too, I just want it so I am not bothered about scars.

Don't beat yourself up over it - I'm sure everyone here has had a 'blip' at some point.
I haven't had my op yet but my surgeon told me that as I carry my weight all over I don't need to worry too much pre op but if I did loose some weight I would benefit
He told me it gets tricky when someone carries all the weight on they're front.
Good luck for Monday x

No not everyone has a blip. I went two weeks on just milk and I screamed and cried my way through it. It was hell but it was just two weeks. What is wrong with people that they are prepared to risk being opened up so they can eat pizza or nandos? Are you kidding me? if you look through my posts you will see nothing but support. That's what I do here. I support people. I give and give and I've never had a cross word with anyone but this too much. If you think the pre op diet is hard wait till after. It's friggin hard and you have to work with your op or it wont work. There are plenty of people on here several stones away from their goal because they didn't. I've lost nearly 200lb. I know what I'm talking about and I didn't eat a Nando's or pizza on my pre op. Not because I'm stronger than you, not because I didn't have as many eating problems that you have because I do but because I wanted this. Really really bad. Want this. Fight for it and we will support you every step of the way xx

Let the old timers roll....

Shelley is soooo right. I've done the milk diet twice now, for each of my surgeries, that I paid for, I didn't get a freebie on the NHS to abuse. Abusing the pre-op isn't a badge of honour that seems to be being waved on this thread. In the room next to me, same surgeon, no idea what op they had, I overheard the next day that they had had an aborted operation.

If you can't stick it now, then you seriously have no clue as to what is coming.

Are you really ready for this surgery if you can't even stick the pre-op for a mere couple of weeks:mad:

No blips here either, I wanted both of my surgeries no matter how bloody hard it was

Good for you pollybree and well done contacting them. Just be strict now, we all have given in to temptation at some point, or we wouldn't be getting bariatric surgery. Good luck x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back