• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Embarrassing

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi everyone. I have had a really embarrassing day today. I am not very good at walking long distances or medium sized come to think of it. I get terrible pain in by back and hips.
I work in a school and we had a trip today and had to walk a fair way. My back and hip were agony and I couldn't keep up. I was in tears it was so painful, fortunately we had enough adults to accompany the children that I was able to get a lift back but it was so embarrassing and has made me feel a bit down now.

The sooner the pct give me an answer the better. I just don't know how I will cope if they don't allow the bypass.

Sorry to be so negative, I just know you will understand how I feel. I don't always think others realise how little exercise I can do. Although my colleagues were brilliant today and I felt so guilty for not being able to do my job properly.:cry:

Aww, I know it must have been embarrassing, but you've got to remember there are medical reasons behind what happened and you shouldn't feel ashamed or bad because of them.

Hi everyone. I have had a really embarrassing day today. I am not very good at walking long distances or medium sized come to think of it. I get terrible pain in by back and hips.
I work in a school and we had a trip today and had to walk a fair way. My back and hip were agony and I couldn't keep up. I was in tears it was so painful, fortunately we had enough adults to accompany the children that I was able to get a lift back but it was so embarrassing and has made me feel a bit down now.

The sooner the pct give me an answer the better. I just don't know how I will cope if they don't allow the bypass.

Sorry to be so negative, I just know you will understand how I feel. I don't always think others realise how little exercise I can do. Although my colleagues were brilliant today and I felt so guilty for not being able to do my job properly.:cry:

chin up hun im sure we have all been there i know i have last year i broke my friends sofa and put my foot right thru her decking im lucky she is very understanding but it was very embarrassing, your walking will improve once you had your surgery mine def has i have gone from not being able to walk for more than ten mins without pain to being able to keep up with everyone not be out of breath and walk for an hour , you will get there too big hugs xx

Hugs to you Sharron - it is horrid how limited we are. I had to pass up a fabulous trip to Wembley for a football match as I knew I'd not be able to do the walking or standing. IT SUCKS!
How long have you been waiting for the decision?
Lx

Awwww Sharon,
I'm so sorry you had a crap & Difficult day. I know what its like to feel like that, its not nice at all, Its good that you have good work collegues. You should be proud of who you are and not beat yourself up too much, Try and cheer up, we are all here for you to moan at,
I really hope you hear something soon. Big Hugs X

Hugs to you....

I do know how you feel as I too have bad pains in my back and hips when walking. I can't even walk to my local shop without feeling the pain and have become a hermit at home and I get embarrassed when I go out with friends. People/family are now noticing that I don't go out now and this is also adding more weight to my body due to being bored.

Hi Sharron
I`m so sorry to hear about your day out hun my heart goes out for you . I be the same even my silly ex hubby couldn't understand that I cant walk far that's why hes my ex lol . I Really hope the surgery will help us as I know I have to get out and get a life because its just passing me by . I forgot to say that I use a scooter as well and they are great you can get a lend of them from shopmobility for a small charge you should try one Sharron their great and you can get out for hours hun . Good luck and take care .
Margaret xx

Last edited:
oh sharron just wanted to say sorry you had such a rotten day ,sending you love an hugs for a better day tomoro ,and hope you hear soon xxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much everyone for your support it really means alot. Lizzie bee I have been waiting for the pct to make a decision since before Christmas. It is so good to be able to talk to you all about this issue because I know you really understand. I do feel as though I might have to use some sort of stick for support or mobility scooter or something if they don't make a decision soon.

Sharron it is hard i know but this can all be used as ammunition if you need to fight the PCT's decision.

Have you tried calling them to find out how much longer it will be before you have it? It is always possible the letter to you was lost in the post

Sharon don't feel embarrassed it has happened to a lot of us. But anyway i hope you are feeling better and i am sending hugs with fairy dust to make you smile xx

Hi Tendersage I was told when I rang them about 11 days ago to ring again in 3 weeks. I think I might ring again on Friday to see if they have any news, a week early but you never know they might of reached a decision. When I rang last time they just said no decision has been made they need more info from your clinician. What info I don't know but its the tooing and frowing that hold things up. I also asked my dr if she could ring them which she said she would so hopefully that might of helped.

Theres a story you can laugh about in the future when your nice a slim Sharon. Hubbie booked a romantic evening not so long back in a posh hotel with a beautiful four poster bed. It took me all of about five mins to break the bed. All I did was sit on the edge and went right through.

It cost us £200 to get it fixed, now that was embarrassing...lol

Much much better, tum is still a bit sore but the upside is I've lost so much weight now I can actually touch my toes even with a sore tum...:party0038:

You'll be there soon hun..

Hi Sharon

Please don't feel guilty...at least you showed willing and you did try.
And the pain you have a skinny person could have had...My daughter gets sciatica and she is very slim, and she would have had to have got a lift back too.

However, I hope your PCT gives you the go ahead very soon too...how far along are you?

I bet we all have some embarrassing tales to tell too!

All the best...

~hugs~

Hi Snowcrystal thanks for your support. I am waiting for the final decision from the pct but they were supposed to make a decision 2 weeks ago, then decided they wanted more info from clinician. I am going to try ringing them again tomorrow. I am getting desperate now have been waiting since before Christmas. Take care.

Back