• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WASHING AFTER SURGERY!!!!!!

tuu

Hi everyone this is maybe a little embarrassing but it's something I've wondered for a while.....after surgery mine will be RNY bypass how do you cope with washing all your bits cos I don't know about everyone else but being big I need to contort myself to get to all those bits and pieces usually I put each leg up individually on side of bath and with bending etc it's fine but I'm really worried about this after I have surgery as I don't want to put strain and pressure on surgery site.....I couldn't have anyone else help I'd just be mortified so wondered if anyone has any tips and could help ..xx

Lol yeah how soon after do they let you have shower? Also did you have knickers on for surgery do they cut them just so I know....xxx

Lol @commando I guess to hell with it they will have seen it all before and to be honest not much to see as my timmy covers most of it lol. So can you get the surgery sites wet then? Xxxx

I must have been really lucky post op no pain or discomfort regarding washing, stripped washed a couple of days then a shower on day 3post op just keeping op sites dry
I wish you a speedy recovery

Lol @commando I guess to hell with it they will have seen it all before and to be honest not much to see as my timmy covers most of it lol. So can you get the surgery sites wet then? Xxxx
lol yeah I didn't think of it until one of the girls said they stand between your legs! You have some dressings to cover your sites you just cant get them soaked so I just had my back to the shower most of the time as usually I face the front x

When I had my knee surgery I was given paper knickers in bariatric size! They fitted. They were green as opposed to the blue "normal" ones. They were not too bad! Same when I had my sigmoidoscopy, but they were like baggy shorts with a Velcro flap at the back for access!! They did make me laugh! Even more so when the nurse told me that most men put them on back to front! They assumed the flap was for them and not for access for the procedure! Doh!

Maybe ask at your pre-op about it? They should have bariatric sized gowns and knickers if they are doing the surgery!

The thing that I am worried about is wiping yourself after going to the loo! I have to bend over a lot (I have to go forwards) and I can't see me doing that after the op. I am really worried about that! :oops:

You'll be fine ...
I was the same with my belly being in the way lol
I honestly didn't have pain in my stomach after the op it was more painful with the wind....

Hannah same here ....thanks Tracey for putting our minds at rest ...8 would think at my hospital because it's a bariatric department and they have their own theatre and ward I imagine e they will have PLUS SIZE everything I know when I went for MDT day the chairs were twice size etc etc xx

How ridiculous is that when they offer bariatric surgery ....another thing to make you feel rubbish and fat...still no more ehh:).xxx

I agree cassie homerton do lots of bariatric surgery and the knickers where a joke and the stocking omg I'm with you there ... how tight were they lol I know they should be but Jesus !!!
As tuu says not anymore tho !!

My husband cousin works at home ton and do you know what I'm going to tell him and see if he can speak to who organises this and get it changed cos it's so not right ....xx

Were you not measured for the stockings? They are meant to be specific to you! Mind you I am going private and although my knee op was done on the NHS it was at the private hosp so that is prob why. Shouldn't be different though as they are so important.

The green shorts in endoscopy were NHS though so they do have them available to order from NHS supplies!

Were you not measured for the stockings? They are meant to be specific to you! Mind you I am going private and although my knee op was done on the NHS it was at the private hosp so that is prob why. Shouldn't be different though as they are so important.

The green shorts in endoscopy were NHS though so they do have them available to order from NHS supplies!
They are meant to measure your legs but they just gave me the largest size. My calfs were really wide before surgery it's only recently they've shrunk and think that's only due to gym work.

Back